PDA

View Full Version : Stage IV Esophagus Cancer... Metastasized to local organs.

Pinkfloydfan
03-08-2006, 02:24 AM
Hello,

My mother's boyfriend was just diagnosed with stage 4 esophageal cancer. The cancer has metastized to his brain, lymph-nodes, abdomen, tip of stomach, under clavicle and a small tumor is forming on his lung. The doctors told him that there is no chance of him coming through this alive. The tumor is also inoperable.

This is where this terrible problem goes into his favor :)

He looks extremely healthy! He is still active and even has more colour then I do! When everyone was at the cancer clinic, and the doctors came in to greet us, they didn't even approach him. They actually walked over to his friend who looked pale. Based on his assessment the doctors believe that he can handle strong amounts of chemo and radiation.

He has already started radiation treatment for the brain tumor, and then in the next few weeks, they start on the esophagus. Apparently he is receiving the most amount of radiation available for a cancer patient. I apologize if I am not using the correct medical terms because these treatments I am still learning about.

As for chemo-therapy he is going with an ECF Regime. Epirubicin, Cisplatin and Fluorouracil. Apparently this is a strong treatment and can be effective.

Are there any available clinics in America that may be able to treat these cancers and have good success rates? I have done some research, but I really would like some second opinions.

Although the doctors have said that he will die, we all have optimism that the treatments will go well and this can be cured... I hope that doesn't sound ignorant or na´ve.

Can I have some feed-back on the ECF Regime and how effective it is for these cancers?

Take care,

Max

mousa
03-10-2006, 04:59 AM
Dear Max,
My husband was diagnosed with inoperable stage IV adenocarcinoma of stomach in July 2004 and given a few months to live. The cancer had spread to the lymphs and oesophagus. PET/CT done in November 05 showed no cancer and he is now back at work. Lance Armstrong, the famous racing bike guy had testicular, brain and lung cancer and was cured and went on to win the Tour de France again and again!!! Read his book!

My husband decided to have aggressive chemotherapy: Taxol, Cisplatin, and 5FU. He had 10 of those and then went on to Xeloda, an oral chemotherapy.

You are anything but ignorant and na´ve. You and your Mum and her boyfriend have obviously decided to fight. It will be tough but you will come through it.

The steps my husband and I took in our fight:

We found the best oncologist in the area.
I wrote, phoned, all our relatives and friends and my husband's colleagues and asked for their support through prayer and good thoughts.
A doctor recommended that I learn Reiki, a kind of hands on healing. I gave Reiki to my husband every day. I also found master Reiki healers in the area and they too gave Reiki and did distance healing.
Our oncologist is not against herbal medicines and my husband took, and is still taking, Chinese herbal medicines. He takes other supplements as well. Please always discuss with your oncologist as some may interfere with the chemotherapy.
Our oncologist recommended that my husband learn meditation and my husband still does it.
Every evening I read to my husband from the books of White Eagle who was the guide and teacher of Mrs. Grace Cooke, and we found much instruction, comfort and strength.

Please do email me if you would like to. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. God's love will keep your mother and you strong to help your companion. Ask and you will be given the love, guidance and the help you need from the hundreds of people with whom you will be involved while you fight this disease.

All my love to you all.

mousa
03-11-2006, 04:42 AM
Dear Max,

I forgot this very important item in my last post:

We all carry baggage that we should jettison. It is very important to the healing process that we forgive everyone who has hurt us and that we forgive ourselves for all the things we feel guilty about. Its all in the past, was all part of the learning process. Now go on with the intention of being a good and loving person.

Love and hugs from me.

Brenda
03-14-2006, 02:45 AM
Max,
I'm sorry to hear what you all will be going through. It will be a long, hard road, but with God in your lives, nothing is impossible. I lost my husband 2 weeks ago to esophageal cancer that mets. to the lymph nodes and the bones. I pray that your friend will have a better outcome. Sounds like a real fighter. Good luck to you and you'll be in my prayers.
Brenda

pegc128
12-06-2007, 08:47 AM
HI Mousa,
I wanted thank you for sharing your story with us. My dad was diagnosed with stage IV stomach cancer 2 weeks ago. His entire stomach is removed. But the cancer has spread into abdominal wall and near by lymphs. He will be receive Chemo in the next few weeks. Doctor said he has no more than 6 months.
I am very interested in the chinese herbal medicine that you mention about using on your husband. would you be able to give me the details of what type or name of the medicine you used? Also, does your husband has the stomach totally removed too. I want to thank you in advance in answering my questions. Best of the luck too all the illness out there!!!

mousa
12-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Dear pegC128,
My husband did not have stomach removed. He was stage iv when diagnosed and was given just a few months to live. He was diagnosed July 2004 and died end August 2007 when the cancer spread to the lungs. So he lived for 3 years which was a miracle. He went into remission twice and was able to return to work during those times. He underwent 4 lots of chemo.

A friend was diagnosed with stomach cancer over 20 years ago and was told to put his affairs in order as he would very soon die. But he has lived for over 20 years after having his stomach removed and having no chemo or other treatment!

The herbal medicine that my husband took is called Tian Xian. Google it for information and where to buy.

You and your Dad will be in my prayers. May God bless and keep you.

pegc128
12-07-2007, 06:00 AM
Mouse.. I am really sorry to hear what happened to your husband. This scary cancer has created so much tears on all of us.

My grandpa was diagnosed with stomach cancer 15yrs ago. He was told to have a few yrs to live. 3/4 of the stomach was removed and he's still alive. But, he is in the earlier stage than my dad and your husband because his cancer hasn't spread anywhere else in the body.

I like to ask you that the friend of your who lived on for 20 years with stomach cancer. Had his cancer spread outside of the stomach? Also is his stomach totally removed? Thanks so much for your help. I am trying to seek as much information I could. As a daughter, I have to do everything I could to save my dad's life at this point. thank you thank you!!!