PDA

View Full Version : surgery

Muttsmom
11-29-2004, 08:11 AM
Just wanted to remind everyone that after today, I don't know how long I'll be off the board. Having the ligament that is torn in my wrist fixed (hey, a surgery that has nothing to do with BC :-) The ortheopedic says I'll be in quite a bit of pain for 2 weeks, but he's not had body parts removed and a diseasterous reconstruction attempt, so I don't think it will be as bad as he's saying. It depends on what my limitations are as to when I'm back on line.
To all you newbies, you're in my prayers and I'll be looking to see how things are going as soon as I can. For the ladies that have started chemo, by the time I get back, you'll have one less treatment to go :-)
Take care
Nancy

penelopez
11-29-2004, 12:24 PM
Hi Nancy,

I did think of you last night! Best of luck and good wishes on your surgery. (I'm sure you won't need them, though, and everything will be fine!) Yes, it is "nice" to deal with something other than BC. LOL I hope you have a speedy recovery and we will miss you here on the boards. Also, hoping you have a "hottie" doc! LOL

Sending gentle healing hugs,

Margie

Muttsmom
11-29-2004, 03:02 PM
You are so funny, but now that you mention it, the doc doing the surgery sure isn't an eye sore......LOL During my MRM, my surgeon was sooooo fine (I'm sure he wife thought so too... lol) and then the anestheologist (sp) came in and, woooooooo, looking even more fine and when I woke up in my room, I had a male nurse, that was either beyond fine or the drugs were REAL good.........LOL
Have a great day
Nancy

penelopez
11-29-2004, 03:10 PM
ROFL Nancy!!!! Now, you're starting to make me jealous....you "lucky" girl, you! LOL I'm still looking for my "hottie" doc. Seems like it would just make everything that much easier. So far, I've only found them on "ER!" BUT....a girl can hope, can't she? LOL

Take care and make sure you make good use of the pain meds they give you.

Love,

Margie

sgishelly
11-29-2004, 05:05 PM
Good luck with your surgery Nancy!! I hope your arm heals up really quick and you can get back to posting regularly...I'll miss your posts!!

Shelly

Minnlady13
11-29-2004, 05:42 PM
Good luck with the surgery, Nancy. I hope it is uneventful and your recovery is easy. But, this is a heck of a way to get out of doing kitchen duty. :wink:

You will be missed while you are on the mend. Enjoy those good looking guys in the hospital. It should make your stay that much more enjoyable -- the good looking men and the happy drugs that is. :roll: Take care. Hugs, Lauri

bobbiffxx
11-29-2004, 07:25 PM
Nancy, I wish you luck on your surgery. Thank you for talking to me. I sent you an e-mail. Talk to you soon, Bobbi

Jacqueline Crandall
08-24-2005, 05:32 PM
Nancy, I wish you luck on your surgery. Thank you for talking to me. I sent you an e-mail. Talk to you soon, Bobbi

Bobbi,

I am looking for women to do a confidential telephone interview on breast cancer medication and the effects. It pays $35.00 for 40min to an 1hr interview. If you are interested or know others that can help with the research project please email me.

[email protected]

I work with Health Care Testing, Inc. in southern california.

thanks, jacque

homecraft93
08-25-2005, 07:00 PM
Hi Nancy,
Bless your little pea pickin soul. Have the mutley crew help you around the house. LOL!!!!! Try not to do too much too soon or you will pay for it. I will miss your words of wisdon while you are gone. I will keep you in my prayers for a quick recovery.
Dona

3pturk
08-25-2005, 09:02 PM
Just wanted to add to all the well wishes for your surgery.. hope all goes well and we will all miss your kind and knowledgeable words
God bless and be well...Jill

Muttsmom
08-25-2005, 11:27 PM
Ya'll are so sweet, but look at the date I posted it.......LOL I had the surgery Nov. 30th.
I will say that I had it done a The Surgery Center and I was leary because I prefer the biggest hospital we have, which is where I had all my other surgeries for BC. It didn't look or feel like a hospital, the care was great, everyone was so nice. I'm always afraid I won't wake up even though this was number 8? I lost count since I was dx with BC. The anesthologist came in and asked if I had any questions. I told him that I wanted to wake up. He answer was so cute that it totally relaxed me. He said he only issues round trip tickets......LOL
I don't know if I'm becoming unwhimpified (if it's not a word it should be....lol) but I hurt that night and the next day and after that, just sore. I think after having so many and feeling like crap through chemo, I got sick of being down, so I did more then I was suppose to, but it healed great.
Thanks again and I really mean that. I don't pay any attention to dates if I've been gone awhile, so no telling what I've posted........:-)
Nancy
P.S. the dogs and cat behaved..........sorta......lol They love me on pain meds. lol