PDA

View Full Version : Hello, some questions..

Candice
03-26-2007, 12:02 AM
Hello..

I started heavy spotting 2 months ago and it goes on for 3 weeks at a time and stops for 1 week. I will also spot after intercourse and taking a hot shower more.
I went to the gyno and to see my gp and have had some test done. One being a pap and test for infections. Pap came back fine and all the swabs came back negative.
My abdomen & lower abdomen are very swollen I mostly wear lounging pants that are too big for me so can't tell if I have have up sizes. But I do know my belly is WAY bigger. I have been losing weight on purpose for the last 6 months and have been able to see my feet when I look down but now can't because my belly is swollen if that makes sense.
The bleeding & swelling are some of the reasons I am concerned. I also have been having really bad pains in my lower abdomen. The pains have been there for a while now before the bleeding started, I would say about 6 months, but they are just worse now.. it hurts. It hurts during intercourse too. So much that I have to tell DH no a lot.
My gyno ordered an Ultrasound, not a vaginal just a regular one. I was wondering if this kind would find anything if I had it? I am just not feeling well at all and would like some answers as to why I am feeling like this.
Also I have been having really bad lower back pain and have been very very tired. I have also been urinating A LOT more then usual and sometimes when I feel like I have to go really bad I go to the restroom and I can't go.
Sorry one more thing, The reason I found the heavy spotting so odd way I have not had a period in 3.5 years because I am on risperdal for bipolar and it makes my prolactin levels high.

Robinflamingo
03-27-2007, 08:26 AM
Your GYN should do a CA125 test if there's anything on the ultrasound, and also set up for a CT scan. Don't let them tell you that you've just gained weight or something. Insist on more tests until they get a diagnosis. If it is cancer, it must be treated as soon as possible with chemo and possibly surgery. If there is fluid on your abdomen, they can also drain that, and you would feel better IMMEDIATELY. I did!

Be proactive. Keep bugging them until you know what's going on...and keep us posted.

Candice
03-27-2007, 06:14 PM
Thank you for answering. So you are saying it can be found on a regular ultrasound?
Also, I did not gain weight.. Well I did over the years .. but I just lost 60 pounds over the last 8 months.

Robinflamingo
03-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Thank you for answering. So you are saying it can be found on a regular ultrasound?
Also, I did not gain weight.. Well I did over the years .. but I just lost 60 pounds over the last 8 months.

I lost 90 pounds from May to September. I was diagnosed in July, when I had already dropped 45 pounds. But I had so much fluid on me that when they drained me, I dropped 25 pounds...that week.

I don't know if they can tell from an ultrasound. They can do some eliminating - I've had CT scans all along.