PDA

View Full Version : my mom sad update

conoholic
07-30-2007, 07:33 PM
mom just got back from her appointment and she dont now but the docs told my grampa and his gf that shes not gonna get any better infact shes gonna get worse shes ddddieeing WAHHHHH we dont now how long she has but shes getting worse. i had to help her off the toilet ( which by any chances was nasty but had to be done canse shes my mom ) and get her in bed SHE DIDNT EVEN HAVE THE STRENGE O PULL HER SELF UP AN INCH thats sad WAH well shes seein alot more tuff but shs u now know i cnat say it. wish my family luck threw all this plz!

conoholic
08-02-2007, 02:09 AM
hey update. my mom has 2 weeks to 6 months to live and fell 3 days in a row: monday tuesday and wednesday. so ya shes s getting alOT worse now. wish our family luck

ksplat
08-02-2007, 06:03 AM
Dear Conoholic, I am so sorry to hear about your Mum's prognosis. It's hard to know what to say, your Mum and your family must be so "down" about the latest report on your Mum. I am very sad and want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Live each moment fully and offer your Mum love and support as best you can. These are trying times for you. Blessings, Aussie Angie.

brainman
08-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Conoholic, I too am saddened by your mother's worsening condition. I am sure these are very difficult days for you and your family! I was my father's sole care provide during his last months and days of life so I know how difficult it is to clean someone. It is a reversal in roles... he used to care for me... then I had to care for him.

Strangely, it is the memory that I was able to help him (as well as my mother 9 years ago) that has helped me to move on. I have no regrets because I did all I could do to help him and to bring support and quality to his life. I encourage you to try to do the same.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this awful time in your lives.

conoholic
08-03-2007, 03:04 PM
what are the signs to look for to now she is getting worse in her dieath? she sleeps alot dont eat and in bed alot to. and her body is weakening to where she cant get up by herself now.

brainman
08-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Conoholic, you list three of the major signs already. On top of sleeping a lot, not eating or taking in fluids, and staying in bed most of the time I would only add two other signs that are a little more difficult to recognize: a decrease in respiration rate (and lowering of her O2 saturation that goes along with it) and either a marked lowering or increasing of her blood pressure. Some times a persons blood pressure rises as the O2 level goes down but then it crashes because the heart just gives out. If you see this grouping of symptoms, your mother has days... certainly not weeks... My thoughts and my prayers remain with you and with your mother.

conoholic
08-03-2007, 06:43 PM
ya the 3 things i said are teh 3 major ones shes has right now..

conoholic
08-04-2007, 08:47 PM
my mom walkin ability is getting worse and her eye sight is geting worse from yesterday now.. i think she is getting worse day by day.. if it wasnt for me shed would have fallon 3 times today : shes very sneaky, we have a baby moniter and we cant hear her get up when she gets up : so ya her walkin ability is worsening and so is the eyesight.

conoholic
08-11-2007, 11:13 PM
well shes in a premature coma type thing where shes is blind and wont reply to nything around her AT ALL and shes inbetwoeen worlds now.. so does she have long cause she been like this for the last 3 days and getting worse

kashrel
08-12-2007, 08:51 AM
Hi

So sorry to hear about your mum. I am thinking of you and wishing you strength. She sounds like she doesnt have too long. My dad was like that at the end for about 10 days. He passed last week. When you are in a coma , you are still able to hear so keep talking to her even if she doesnt respond. You sound like you are young so I hope that you have the right supports around you to help you cope. Do you have a dad or siblings around? Is your mum in a hospice/hospital or is she at home? Who is caring for her besides you?

I am watching your posts so please keep emailing, I'd like to know how you and your mum are doing?

Regards
karen

brainman
08-12-2007, 06:21 PM
Hi conoholic, how are YOU doing with all of what is happening to your mother? Are you taking care of your own needs? I think about you and your family everyday and am so sad that your mother cannot respond to you.

Best wishes,

conoholic
08-26-2007, 11:21 PM
shee passed away aug 12th

brainman
08-27-2007, 05:37 AM
:( I am so deeply sorry that your mother has died :(. I wish there was a better way to express sadness than emoticons. Sometimes they just do not communicate my truest feelings. My heart goes out to you, conoholic. I continue to thing and pray about you.

kashrel
08-27-2007, 09:50 AM
Hi Conoholic

Thank you for updating us. You have been in my thoughts since your last posting and I have been looking out for news from you. I am so very sorry that your mom passed away. There are no words that can take away your pain. I wish you much strength.

Please let us know how you are going.

Warm Regards
Karen

jenugl
08-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Hi Conoholic, I am so sorry to hear your mum has passed away. Please know that I am thinking of you at this horribly sad time in your life. It is true that it's hard to know what to say to someone who has just lost a loved one. I hope you will keep in touch with the forum and let us know how you are coping or if you need just to write your feelings down. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Love to all. Jen