PDA

View Full Version : new member

MarshaB
01-28-2005, 01:49 PM
Good Morning Ladies! I just wanted to say hi. I am new to this forum,I am a eight year warrior. Stage 4 HER2+++ with liver mets. Anyone else? With liver mets?

MarshaB[/b]

Minnlady13
01-28-2005, 04:44 PM
Hi, Marsha, welcome to our corner of the world. Congratulations on the eight years, but I am so sorry to hear about your liver mets. I don't know if we have any other Mets Club members with liver involvement here. But, this is a pretty active place, so I am sure if someone is out there they will post to you. Just wanted to make you feel welcome. Pull up a chair, and I'll get you a cup of coffee. Hugs, Lauri

sgishelly
01-28-2005, 08:26 PM
Welcome Marsha...

I'm relatively new to all this but as Laurie said, if someone is out there with liver mets, you'll hear from them.

Rough day here...sick from chemo....can't hold down a thing...

....here's hoping yours is better.

DiO
01-28-2005, 09:40 PM
Hi Shelly!

Sorry to hear you're having so much nausea. Do call your onc right away and let him/her know. There are lots of different meds and it sounds like they need to try another one that will control it better for you. Good luck!

sgishelly
01-29-2005, 02:38 AM
Di,

Thanks, I did call them this afternoon and they put me on a different med which worked like a charm!! I feel like a human being now!! Guess I should have called sooner.

British
01-29-2005, 05:45 PM
Hello,

I was in the process of searching information about tissue expanders and came across your site. I have read the postings with interest and would like to be on board also.

I had a lumpectomy in 91 with radiation and here I am 13 years later with re-curring breast ca. I elected to have a bi-lateral mastectomy because I don' t want to do this any more. I had the sentinel node dissection done and there was no sentinel node found so they removed a few nodes to be safe. I have tissue expanders in and will start expansion next week. I have found this whole thing quite uncomfortable expecially the side that was previously radiated. I am now on anti-biotics for infection.

When I saw the plastic surgeon she said I cannot use antiperspirants. Have any of you been told that? When researching I also found that parabens are thought to be a bad thing with breast ca. Do you know anything about that?

I have to say only prayer has brought me through this. I am so looking forward to getting the next surgery over.

Minnlady13
01-29-2005, 07:22 PM
Hi, Betty, and welcome to out place. Sorry to hear that you have had a recurrance. Most would assume that after 13 years you would have been considered "cured," but this is just another example of why we are reluctant to associate that word with breast cancer. I know the survivors and the doctors disagree on this point, but too often we hear of long-term survivors who have recurrances. I cannot answer your questions, but I am sure others will offer their views. There is a good Web site at www.imaginis.com that has a lot of breast cancer information. You might try there. The only time I was advised to avoid anti-prespirants was during radiation and before mammograms, so I am not sure what your plastic surgeon is concerns about. Again, welcome on board. I'll scoot over to make room on the sofa for you. Hugs, Lauri

leo
01-31-2005, 08:56 PM
Hello !

Welcome to the forums. It is really nice to see the community growing. Please let it be known that the BC area is our most active one, and we have excellent members that contribute here. Recently Dr. J. Lu has joined me here to try to answer some questions that you might have.

We do not have strict rules here. If you think something should not be posted here, it is because it probably should not. You can always contact me or the other moderators for advice as well about what we can post here. But this is a very friendly atmosphere and I am proud to be part of it.

best regards,
Leo