PDA

View Full Version : pancreatic head carcinoma

gautghai
01-26-2008, 02:16 PM
my husband 41 yrs old has gone thru whipples surgery on the 26th sept 07' he has started with chemo oxaliplatin and gemcitabine day 1,8,15
he has had only one cycle yet out of 6 cycled advised to him.

meanwhile we want to work on the alternative treatments like Protocel, Cellular Zeolite, Tian Xian and Linghzi. There are over a 100 site on the net, can anyone advise if they have used any and what has been the response and from which authentic source. Also above all is it available in India.

Thanks
Deepti

brainman
01-26-2008, 04:57 PM
Deepti, I am very sorry about your husband's cancer. Pancreatic cancer is a very bad cancer. I am glad to read that he is getting aggressive treatment. I also would not discourage you from seeking alternatives. While I do not know much about any alternative therapies, certainly, some are reasonable in your husband's condition.

You and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers.

Bernadin
02-27-2008, 03:18 AM
Hi Deepthi

Have you read about Thripala ?

I have mentioned about it & our little experience with it regarding the growth in pancrease of my mother.

I am copying it below.

God bless you & your family !

Berny

My mother was diagnosed with Pancreas cancer early last year & was given only three months. But up to today she has become a great survivor most probably due to prayers of our friends & family and also due to her own faith in God.(Also could be due to use of Thripala)

If you have time here is her story in more details.

From around Feb/ March 2007 my mother couldn't take her normal food & was complaining about stomach pain similar to heart burns. Our GP treated her with various medicine including things for gastritis & suggested that it could be due to her age (85 years) and was planing for a colonoscopy. Up to that time all her blood & stool tess were normal

Matters took a dramatic change in mid June 2007 & we managed to do a abdominal ultrasound test Then they found that her stomach was enlarged & advised us to take her to hospital immediately. At the hospital her stomach was drained & CT scans and other tests were done. Then they found that her duodenum is blocked due to compression from the enlarged pancrease. They tried to introduce a stent to duodenum & failed due to severity of the blockage. The surgeon told us that he is 99% sure that she is having pancrease cancer & she is not a suitable candidate for surgery to remove it due to her age & as she is wearing a pacemaker.

However he agreed to do a surgery to bypass the duodenum & connect the stomach directly. This was done in mid July 2007 & while doing that they confirmed that she has a 5 cm growth in the head of pancrease which was compressing the duodenum. She was given 3 months to live.

Meanwhile around mid Sept. 2007, she became jaundice (yellow in colour) & surgeon told us that now the growth in pancrease is blocking the bile ducts. They drained the bile by means of an external tube & introduce a internal tube too.

Since my mother was not given any other special medicine, as per information from internet we started giving her THRIPALA capsule a day. In December 2007 , external draining of bile reduced to a trickle & they removed the external tube. Her surgeons think that she is a great survivor & we believe that it is due to prayers of our friends & family & also due to THRIPALA treatment.

In mid Feb. 2008, she had another CT scan & we are awaiting another clinic date in early March 2008.As she take very little solid food she is fairly weak now.

Please keep her in your prayers.

prettyinpink
02-29-2008, 09:23 PM
Deepti I am so sorry for you and your husband going through PC. You are doing right to care for your husband by helping him through the chemo treatment. I would be very careful on ordering alternative treatments off the internet. I would advise you to talk it over with your Onocolgist before ordering anything. There are so many that prey on sick people with cancer that boast miracles. I am being treated by PC and I drink Boost or Ensure to supplement my calories and nutrition. I purchae these at my local grocery store. I know of some that takes a fish oil capsule. Does it work? No one knows everyone is different , but please talk to your medical caregiver before spending your money on supplements that you do not know.
Take care,
Janice