PDA

View Full Version : I am so very frightened

kellysmum
02-06-2008, 10:29 PM
I am new here. I am a 43-year-old female with a history of hemorrohoids and rectal bleeding. I had a colonoscopy in March of 07 after a particularly severe bout of rectal bleeding, and it was negative. For the past two weeks, I've had more severe rectal bleeding. It's on the paper (lots of it) and drips into the bowel after I go. I am frightened that this time it's colon cancer. Do you think I need another colonoscopy, or is the one last March recent enough to assume that this heavy bright red blood is just hemorrhoids? Please, any advice is appreciated.

brainman
02-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Hi kellysmum. I am very sorry about your current health concerns. None of us can tell what is causing your bleeding. You should go back to your own doctor. Hopefully, it is your hemorrhoids again.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know what you find out.

Georgie Girl
02-15-2008, 02:34 AM
Hi...

I have had bleeding off and on from my rectum for years. I have had several colonoscopy's and they have never found a direct reason for it. I am 47 and my Dad has just been diagnosed with colon cancer. I will be playing closer attention to that bleeding now.

See your Dr. and ask for another colonoscopy to ease your mind.

Best of luck to you...

hugs...Georgie Girl