PDA

View Full Version : my gf has cancer and went to chemo therapy today

jocan
03-27-2008, 10:51 AM
my gf and I live together. we go to college and actually work at the same place too. she is my best friend and i consider her my other half.

we are currently on spring break and her stomach was hurting. she went to kaiser permanente and they said they found a hole and it's healing itself. they also found cancer forming new tissue. so today, she had her chemo therapy and she might not be back for school. I am also worried about her recovery because she had/has complications with her heart. i'm scared, cancer is serious stuff.

i feel so helpless and lonely. I dont know what to do. :(

brainman
03-27-2008, 11:31 AM
Hi jocan, I am so very sorry about your gf's cancer. Cancer is never easy and especially when it affects a young person. She is lucky to have you.

You and your gf are in my thoughts and prayers.

jocan
03-27-2008, 11:37 AM
my face is wet from all the tears. i took melatonin and doesn't seem to work. I would be happy one moment thinking about finishing our semester together then next thing you know, i'm in tears thinking about her cancer

ksplat
03-31-2008, 11:43 AM
Hello Jocan

I am very sorry to read about your GF & your current emotional state. It is so very hard to know what to do & how to support your friend through this ordeal? The best you can do is continue to offer her your love & support. If you are able to visit with her perhaps you can make a card or take some balloons to brighten her day. Just make sure you let her know that you will be there to support her & make sure you ask if there's anything you can do for her?

Keep strong, I pray you will continue to be the best you can be for your GF.

Thinking of you.

Cheers, Angie.

Ollie
03-31-2008, 03:06 PM
Hey what I did when ever I had a mental breakdown was just stick in my Ipod and think about everytihn, just blank the world off, ignore everythin that is occuring in your head and just concentrate on the situation at hand.
Also a really pesimitic veiw that actually helped me alot, was just to think that life is too short and insginificant and there really wasnt any point in crying. You should just be happy because life is life its good sometimes and bad at others

jocan
04-22-2008, 09:51 AM
thanks for everyone's support. when it gets really hard for me, i call a couple hotline. we have similar friends and we're trying to hid it from everyone. her hair hasn't started falling off just yet, but she has been feeling more fatigue. also, her stomach has been hurting.

I have come into terms that there isn't anything i can do but be there for her. I hope everyone is staying strong and thank you for everyone's prayers.

brainman
04-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Jocan, I am very sorry about your gf's continuing pain.

How are YOU doing though all of this? Are you keeping up with your studies or have you put that on hold?

You and your gf continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

jocan
06-06-2008, 05:14 AM
Its hard. We were both in school and both had jobs and come finals, we were really stressed.

school wise, we are both fine. mentally, I am drained. I feel that I can't even cry anymore. It seems that I have heard everything even though that supposedly her cancer had spread to her small and large intestine. as a kicker to all this, she has heard and liver issues.

the doctors doesn't know what is going on with her heart and last night she was told that she has only 8 months to live because she has been diagnosed of failing liver.

I am trying to stay strong and I hope everyone here is doing the same.