PDA

View Full Version : OMG im freaking out!!!

Orionation
04-04-2005, 04:42 AM
I have a few family members who have/had some sort of cancer. I have a great aunt who is suffering from it and my mom pulled through some sort of neck cancer, and im really starting to get scared that I might have cancer as well. For the past few years i have had tiny lumps appear every once in a while behind both ears, but i never thought much of it. I few days ago a slightly larger lump formed at the back of my jaw, below my right ear, but it didnt get very big and didnt stay long, but several days ago and very big lump appeared under my right armpit and it is huge and hurts very badly. For the past few days i have had trouble even showering and putting on deodorant because it hurts so bad to touch it, and it has progressivly grown slightly bigger day by day. Ive told my mom about it but she wont take me to the doctor.. she just thinks its allergies and it will go away in a few days.

Is that a possibility or could this be cancer? Im really gettin nervous about this. On top of that i kno stress only makes diseases worse, but i suffer very very severly from social anxiety disorder as well (parents dont kno about it) so i naturally get easily stressed out of anything that could go wrong in any way.

pat devitavessa
04-13-2005, 06:28 PM
Hello Orionation,

You sound very scared. It sounds to me that you are under the age of 18, is this so? Both you and your mom need to stop doing home diagnosis. You are worried and that needs to be addressed. We are simply not equiped to play doctor. An example might be that a headache can mean something life threatening or that we need glasses! I do not know the relationship you have with your mom but, try to let her know (calmly) that because of family history you are scared and want to put your mind at ease. Also, let her know that separate from that you have pain NOW and that needs to be looked into.

You can reach me here at any time,

My Regards,

Pat