A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Prevention is better than cure.

Prevention is better than cure.

Just read an article in dormitory. It mentions that

Walking Can Decrease Breast Cancer Recurrence 40 Percent.I think not just walking but better sleep and regular

sports also help to decrease the posibility of breast cancer. Share the article as following hope it will help:

When it comes to further minimizing the chance of breast cancer recurrence, Dr. Carolyn Kaelin, a Harvard surgeon,

breast cancer survivor and author of The Breast Cancer Survivor's Fitness Plan, says, "Brisk walking - about 3.0

mph on a treadmill - for three to five hours per week, or about 30 minutes a day, can net big benefits for breast

cancer survivors.

Top User
    Thank you for this. Good plain moderate diet combined with good plain moderate exercise is to be highly recommended for building the system to prevent any form of infection taking hold, even the head cold.

A hour of gardening is as good as any treadmill, and in some ways better; so too is housework [without mechanical aids]. Aqua aerobics is a superb method of maintaining fitness. Taking dogs for walks gives a purpose to walking for 20 minutes.

New User

Prevention is better than cure.

Thank you for great information. My brother died of liver cancer many years ago. I am always thinking about lower the risk of having cancer.

Newbie New User
    I totally agree with you. However, besides the methods you mentioned, I think the diet also plays the important role. As my opinion, consume foods suggested for cancer prevention is one of the cheapest, easiest and best way. As many research, wheat germ is very beneficial to prevent cancer. By adding wheat germ into daily diet, people may lower risk factors for many cancer types. In fact, wheat germ shows good ability to neutralize glucose metabolism and keep numerous kinases in check. Glucose metabolism and kinases are 2 factor which may trigger cancer. Thus, it is the permanent food in my meals.
    Source: https://wikihomenutrition.com/wheat-...ealth-benefits