A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Freaking out Please help

Regular User

Freaking out Please help

Hi All,

I am literally freakng out and need your help. Remember Novenber 13th I was diagnsed with rectal cancer/ then a spot on colon. My petscan and ct are scheduled for Dec 21, but yesterday I found a lump on side of vagina and my leg is hurting bad. I am so paranoid. The lump is not paninful I 'm just so scared ...please yall write back. Remember they said I had hemmoroids and remove what was really a mass from anal area. What is this lump i found. I do have a bad disc in my back so maybe thats the leg pain but right now I'm hystrical and need suppor. Is the cancer spreading.

Also before treatment I am trying the maple syrup and bakng soda and turmeric force and have dropped sugar, caffiene and white flour.

PLEASE ADVICE PLEASE I'M WAITING AND DO NEED YALL PLEASE.

I don't know about the lump. I guess it could be anything. But try to stay calm as you wait for answers from your doctors.

I have pinched a nerve and caused my leg to feel numb.

With cancer, we need to stay calm and take it one step at a time. Jump each hurdle as you get to them. I know it is hard. I am scared stiff when I am waiting for my scan results.

We may be able to beat cancer, but it always seems to haunt us. Every issue we have with our bodies we wonder if it is cancer.

Two years into this and I have learned to relax. Panicking gets me no where. Whatever happens happens and I just take it one step at a time.
    10/01/07 - Removal of Colon Cancer Tumor & Temporary Colostomy
    11-07-07 to 04-09-08 FOLFOX and Avastin. 04-28-08 Colostomy Reversal
    June 2009 3 Tumors in the Peritoneal tissue- FOLFIRI and ERBITUX.
    11-25-09 Tumors inactive(Oct). Finish FOLFIRI, continue ERBITUX
    Jan 2010-May 2010 FOLFIRI and ERBITUX.
    June 2010 Cancer in Liver. Nov 2010 - Oxyplatinum, Avastin and IROX
    Age Diagnosed 40. Current Age:44

Regular User

THANKS

Thank you so much for your reply. The lump may be a boil or something.
    I appreciate your response.

You are welcome
    10/01/07 - Removal of Colon Cancer Tumor & Temporary Colostomy
    11-07-07 to 04-09-08 FOLFOX and Avastin. 04-28-08 Colostomy Reversal
    June 2009 3 Tumors in the Peritoneal tissue- FOLFIRI and ERBITUX.
    11-25-09 Tumors inactive(Oct). Finish FOLFIRI, continue ERBITUX
    Jan 2010-May 2010 FOLFIRI and ERBITUX.
    June 2010 Cancer in Liver. Nov 2010 - Oxyplatinum, Avastin and IROX
    Age Diagnosed 40. Current Age:44

(((((((((hugs))))))))))))) I agree with REB, relax and don't panic. Easy to say not easy to do as I panic all the time over everything. But for me analytical, realistic answers to things help. I would ask your Dr. to look at the bump, could be a cyst, a boil, a bruise (bumping against something and getting a lump) I am sure it is okay but none of know, but your Dr .can find out.
    Total hysterectomy July 23 2008, mass in colon.
    Colonoscopy Aug 2008
    Rigid Sigmoidoscopy with a laparoscopic-assisted partial colectemy with enbloc small bowel resection Sep 2008
    Diagnosed: Stage IV Colon Cancer mets to lungs and liver. (T3,N2,M1,G2) KRAS Mutation
    Started chemotherapy: 09/14/09 Folfox-6/Avastin then Camptosar/Avastin & last Folfox-6/Avastin
    On Hospice, started 11/12/10
    Last PET scan: Oct 12th
    Most recent CEA Level: 09/27/10: 696.7 up from 08/16/10: 284.8

Re: THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by Wannalive
    Thank you so much for your reply. The lump may be a boil or something.
    I appreciate your response.
    The lump could very well be a boil and even ingrown clogged hair follicle
    had them before. And as it trys to head they do become painfull.
    Ive tryed drawing salve which helped mine.The salve looks and smells like oil/car grease but it works kindof messy. They take a while to go away. You should still mention it to your doctor if it doesnt go away in a reasonable time. Everything isnt cancer.

Regular User

Ok

Thanks Shelia,

I do understand everything is not cancer but when you have been told that you had hemmoroids for months when it is actually cancer, I just became totally afraid. There is no pain with this lump and today it's bigger. It goes up and dowm in size. My appt is on Monday but for scans and test so I'll see.

Thanks for replying ....sorry if I bothered you.

being upset isnt a bother to any of us-everyones upset on this forum for one reason or another and if talking things out makes one feel better-thats the way to go-there is no stupid or bothersome panic-they are all real and scarey no matter how large or small. hang in there were here for ya!