A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Sea Food, Nuts w/ Hepatitis C, Cirrhosis, & HCC?

Regular User

Sea Food, Nuts w/ Hepatitis C, Cirrhosis, & HCC?

Years ago before I developed HCC and had only Cirrhosis and HCV, I was told that I could no longer have any sea food or nuts. Has anyone else been told this? Is this true? Or has this changed? I really would love to have some fish. And peanut butter. -Ed.
    There's no such thing as a normal life. There's just life.

since no-one answred this yet Im guessing most dont have a clue maybe someone in time will answer.-in the meantime-why dont you call the doctor thattold you that originally-they should have all the latest updates on that. hope you find your answers soon.
    MOMS Journey
    April06- Emergencysurgery,exploratory,10units blood,largetumor and 10inches of colon removed,temp.colostomy.diagnosed stage IV colon.
    oxyplatin,5fu
    Oct06-radiation,surgery,several lymphs,cervix,1 ovary,fallopian,40% remaining colon,large tumor to adipose tissue,appendix,gallbladder removed.permant colostomy/iliostomy
    oxyplatin,transfusion.
    April 07-xeloda-overdose
    surgery-1/3liver,partial diaphra, removed clipped and questionable spots oblated.
    port-port rejection-port removed 1week.
    picc line,5fu,oxyplatin,camptosar.
    Oct-08-surgery-remaining ovary engulfed in tumor,partial bone scrape.
    transfusion central line TPN 1 month.
    oct-09-surgery tumor ,colon and jejuneum removed.
    xeloda reduced. severe dehydration,heart attack.
    april10-remission-avistan
    oct-10-erbitux,camptosar
    Jan-11-5fu
    mar-11 return to original site-oxyplatin,5fu
    Aug-11-erbitux,camptosar.
    dec-28-blood transfusion
    dec-30-back to chemo erbitux camtosar
    Jan-16 injections neulasta and aranesp
    feb16-transfusion
    feb 21-Tumor found stomach,liver, and liver "hot spots" inflamed lymph in rt ureter in kidney causing obstruction-surgery schedualed Mar 16.
    march 16/12-no more kidney obstruction not lymph ...dehydration is causing blockage, two litters blood for anemia, stomach liver tumor small-med,abalation, 1 hidden tumor deep in muscle mass on side flank(hid from scans) -gone!
    june/15/12-blood transfusion
    starting a regimine of celebrex
    aug/16/12-blood transfusion
    aug/30-12 discontinued celebrex -failure one kidney. needed to see urologist
    sept/10-12-good urologist report one kidney functioning well for now.
    oct/23/12-chemo pill Stivarga(regorafenib)
    Nov/22/12-blood transfusion
    dec/18/12-blood transfusion chemo pill dosage cut back to 1 pill.
    Feb/21/13 neulasta injection
    Feb/22/13-blood transfusion. still taking stivarga.
    mar/20/13-arenespt injection rehydration and magnesium IV
    mar/21/13-acute renal failure-kidney infection
    april/1/13.-recovery from 4 day coma infection cleared/4 units blood/ off stivarga/starting rehab therapy,
    swollen hand no apparent reason black spots in vision off and on. both cleared up.
    may/22/13-home oxycodone for pain shoulder neck arm
    june/1/13 pain subsided off oxy onto aleve
    june/09/13-pain back off aleve on vicodin
    june 10/13-cancer in back/neck- starting radiation for arm neck and shoulder pain.
    june24/13-last day of radiation-on steroids
    july1/13-swollen legs and feet-lasix off steroids still on vicodin and xanax
    july 23/13 vicodin cut in half blood transfusion.
    sept/6/13-off all pain meds since late aug
    scan results fracture in spine mid back
    sept/12/13-spine healing on its own,weaning off steroids, no visible tumors.
    nov/7/13-edema both legs and one arm on lasix since oct.
    nov/21/13- leg edema subsiding still alot in one arm- she is talking but keeps her eyes closed. achy but no major pain. nurse and aide to visit once a week schedualed. having trouble standing.
    nov/24/13-sadly but peacefully moms cancer journey is at an end, she will start her new spiritual journey together hand in hand with dad.

Regular User
    I would if I could, but he retired about 1995, and is no longer with us. I'm 59, and he was old when I first started seeing him back in 1974. My current doctor just says if that's what you were told, stick with it. Sometimes I think he couldn't find his own behind with both hands and a mirror. -Ed.

well if your currant doctor told you that-It must still apply or I would think he would question that-I wouldnt risk it.
    MOMS Journey
    April06- Emergencysurgery,exploratory,10units blood,largetumor and 10inches of colon removed,temp.colostomy.diagnosed stage IV colon.
    oxyplatin,5fu
    Oct06-radiation,surgery,several lymphs,cervix,1 ovary,fallopian,40% remaining colon,large tumor to adipose tissue,appendix,gallbladder removed.permant colostomy/iliostomy
    oxyplatin,transfusion.
    April 07-xeloda-overdose
    surgery-1/3liver,partial diaphra, removed clipped and questionable spots oblated.
    oct-10-erbitux,camptosar
    Jan-11-5fu
    dec-28-blood transfusion
    feb16-transfusion
    feb 21-Tumor found stomach,liver, and liver "hot spots" inflamed lymph in rt ureter in kidney causing obstruction-surgery schedualed Mar 16.
    march 16/12-no more kidney obstruction not lymph ...dehydration is causing blockage, two litters blood for anemia, stomach liver tumor small-med,abalation, 1 hidden tumor deep in muscle mass on side flank(hid from scans) -gone!
    april/1/13.-recovery from 4 day coma infection cleared/4 units blood/ off stivarga/starting rehab therapy,
    swollen hand no apparent reason black spots in vision off and on. both cleared up.
    june 10/13-cancer in back/neck- starting radiation for arm neck and shoulder pain.
    nov/21/13- leg edema subsiding still alot in one arm- she is talking but keeps her eyes closed. achy but no major pain. nurse and aide to visit once a week schedualed. having trouble standing.
    nov/24/13-sadly but peacefully moms cancer journey is at an end, she will start her new spiritual journey together hand in hand with dad.

Regular User
    As I am on SSI Disability, I am on Montana Medicaid instead of Medicare, and you are assigned a primary care physician. You cannot see another doctor without the pcp's referral and Medicaid's approval. I don't know how they select the pcp's, but I don't think intelligence is involved. I've been seing this guy since about 1995, and he knew I had Hep C and Cirrhosis. Not once in all that time did he do a biopsy or ultrasound to see how the liver was doing. By the time he felt something, I had HCC and 3 tumors up to 8cm. in size. -Ed.

I would contact the Montana medicaiade office and let them know how you feel with a heated arguement and tell them you want another doctor because you feel he isnt working on your main concerns-Im sure there are other doctors they can refer you to. give them a call and be persistent no matter how many calls you have to make.
    MOMS Journey
    oxyplatin,5fu
    oxyplatin,transfusion.
    April 07-xeloda-overdose
    oct-10-erbitux,camptosar
    Jan-11-5fu
    dec-28-blood transfusion
    feb16-transfusion