A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: stupid gbm4...my mum!

Senior User
    Alice- I'm so glad your mum got to be at the wedding, and that she was lucid. I hope that someday you and your sister will be able to look back and smile because she was there. It must have been very hard when you made the arrangements for her funeral, but it is a sad duty that must be done. I've read this thread with great interest since you first started it, and it sounds as if you now have a measure of acceptance. I hope when her time comes, she will be comfortable. On an unrelated note, I was in Australia back in March this year, and had a great time. The people there are fantastic. My best to you.

Scott

Senior User
    thank you scott. we all were very happy that mum made through the wedding. and the bride looked beautiful and my mum looked so happy, she even had a little tear running down her face. i don't know if is an acceptance, we just know it is going to happen soon and none of us want to deal with those crappy details. i just had to do to something constructive for my mum so will be done as they are suppose to be. i realise that they will be so much more to be done, don't know what yet, but they'll throw me in the deep end.
    i am glad you had a wonderful time in Oz. in march? did u come over for a holiday or did you help with the clean up that was happening here in queensland?

Senior User
    I was there to work. I'm a soundman for a country singer from Nashville, and we played Melbourne, Sydney, the Hunter Valley at Hope Estate Winery, and three days at Brisbane Entertainment Centre in Boondall. Australia is a fantastic place, with lovely people.

Quote Originally Posted by aliceinoz View Post
    well the wedding is over and everything went without a hitch. mum got to see her baby get married and she was actually quiet lucid and with the program most of the time. today is a whole different story. the speech is slurred and i could hardly understand her. she just hold s my hand touches my face. hospice has now been arranged for her and i think she'll go there on monday. her hands have gone white but her arms are still tanned, how does that work? she has fianlly admitted that time is running out for her, not to me but to my sister-in-law. i got told off just the day before. to everything i have read i know the days are numbered. and you what? it doesn't suck as much anymore.
    I’m so glad to hear she made it to the wedding—I’m sure that meant a great deal to her and all of you as well. What a plus that she was completely lucid too! I hope that hospice is as helpful to you as it was to us. I wish I hope the best for you and your family right now.

Senior User
    just a qiuck message, my mum has decided she didn't want to fight anymore and she fell asleep into eternal sleep yesterday morning at 1040.

Senior User
    So sorry to hear this. Nothing can be said now to make you feel better. But I hope one day soon the pain will be replaced by smiles when you think of her.

Newbie Senior User
    At least she was at the wedding. I know it may seem a small consolation, but it's something. And of course, if there's anything you need to get off your chest, we're here for you.
    31-year-old agnostic survivor of low-grade oligo-astrocytoma, diagnosed 6/17/11.
    I maintain the Ramblings of a Traitorous Mind blog as a chronicle of my battle with cancer and my related reflections.

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you and your family have some peace and are able to get through the next few days together. As for all the time after that—I still working on that myself. All my best to you and your family.

Senior User
    thanks you wonderful people. i'm back home for now. needed some time out by myself. honestly, i just don't know what i am suppose to be feeling. the tears are falling and my mum is not here not wipe them away. i don't want to be a grown up, i want my mummy! she was the stronghold of this family, she interfered when we were fighting, she guided us through heartaches, she kicked butts when need was. when i should feel happy that mum is not sufferieng any more all i feel is a heap of misery. i know this will eventually ease. last night i tried to get drunk and the tears just washed it all away again. now that sux.

Newbie Senior User
    Alice, don't worry about whether what you're feeling is what you're "supposed" to feel. If you're feeling it, that's all that matters. This is hard enough without stressing yourself over doing it "right." Your feelings are normal, natural and honest. They're what you need to be feeling right now, in order to move on. It hurts, but healing often does.
    31-year-old agnostic survivor of low-grade oligo-astrocytoma, diagnosed 6/17/11.
    I maintain the Ramblings of a Traitorous Mind blog as a chronicle of my battle with cancer and my related reflections.