A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Tight throats?

Tight throats?

Hi guys,

I've been having this "tight throat" sensation for a few days. It started off in my chest area feeling like vomit was coming up but my anti-vomitting meds were kicking in and sorta forcing it back down. I had this in my previous cycle so I didn't think much of it cause it went away a few days after my last chemo dose.

Right now my throat is all tight - I don't know how to describe it but I get this sometimes when I'm just about to cry but hold the tears back in. Your throat seems to get "smaller" and swallowing is a bit difficult. I doubt I'm making any sense but it's really bugging me cause drinking/eating/swallowing saliva is really uncomfortable.

Really hope it goes away soon..
    16 years old.
    Hodgkin's Lymphoma - Stage IV

Have faith and trust in Him, for He will never forsake His people.

Have you had any radiation lately?

You've just had chemo? You might need to take more benedryl, as this could be an allergic reaction to the chemo.

I'm probably wrong -- but likely Chemoman or Didee will be around to answer your question.

Call the doctor as he should be aware of anything new that crops up.

God bless,
    PBJ
    Husband diagnosed with NSCLC Stage IV in 3/2005. Fought & lived over 2 1/2 years with multiple lines of treatment.

Post describing our journey: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.ph...er=asc&start=0

Left my embrace to live with our Heavenly Father in October of 2007 and now breathes with ease forever. I will miss this gentle, giving soul with the easy smile for the rest of my days, but have faith we will be together again. He's just getting a little break from me!

No radiation yet. I'm in my low wbc week of last cycle.

I'm starting to wonder if it may be a sorethroat although it feels different from one... Will call up the doctor tomorrow

Thanks Pbj11
    16 years old.

I called my doc the next day and found out it was due to my low WBC. I was given antibiotics to prevent further infection but ended up with neutropenic fever :s currently typing this in the hospital. Thank God I'm recovering
    16 years old.

I am sorry I was late to this thread. Your description of being close to tears and throat narrowing described what you felt in a way that I feel we can all understand.
    This hadn't happened with me and I would have advised you to see your Doctor which you very sensibly did. I am sorry you are in hospital, a pain in the butt but I am hoping this resolves well for you.

Hugs from Australia.
    Aussie, age 61
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Years of pain, bleeding, women's plumbing problems. TV ultrasound, tests, eventual hysterectomy 2007, fibroids in lining of Uterus.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011. Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.Still NED Nov 2012.
    Discharged Nov 2014.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma.

Relapse Apr 2016. AITL. Some chemos then on to allo transplant. Onc says long remission was good. Still very fixable.

SCT Aug 2016

Oh poop Clar! I'm so sorry to hear this news. Good thing you were thinking and are getting what you need now to be A-okay. Bummer about being stuck in the hospital though.

Best wishes for a quick recovery.

God bless,
    PBJ
    Husband diagnosed with NSCLC Stage IV in 3/2005. Fought & lived over 2 1/2 years with multiple lines of treatment.

Post describing our journey: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.ph...er=asc&start=0

Left my embrace to live with our Heavenly Father in October of 2007 and now breathes with ease forever. I will miss this gentle, giving soul with the easy smile for the rest of my days, but have faith we will be together again. He's just getting a little break from me!

Thanks for the quick reply Didee and pbj11
    I'm feeling much better today and most likely will be discharged tomorrow if everything goes well! Whippee! I really dislike hospitals... Brings back not so good memories of chemo infusion.

Thanks for the encouragement
    16 years old.