A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 2 of 131 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: My cancer

A little nauseated, but nothing that can't be dealt with. Tired as usual so I indulge in a lot of napping and laying around. lol Well worth it if it pushes this cancer out of my lymph nodes. Thanks for caring.

hello,i read your story,dont forget that even though lung cancer can be tough to beat,it can be brought down!i see it happen every day!keep your hopes up and your loved ones close )) i know you can win this fight.
    god bless
    Maria

I know. I wrote the longest post this morning and it didn't post. I said good things.

Chemo tomorrow...Number 2 of round 2. Not looking forward to it but it will get me out of the house for the first time in three weeks! I get 4 tx @ 3 weeks apart and they CT scan me again. Hope all is good again. Everything on the left side of my torso hurts, sore joints right down to my fingers, neck. My mind goes to spread. I hate waiting.

Doc said if it was mets it wouldn't just hurt on one side. If it was brain mets I would have a head ache, not muscle soreness. Aching is caused from surgery and that aweful infection that caused cracked ribs. Don't know why my joints hurt.

Regular User
    Hi,

Hope is all well with your chemo, like what they said each person reacts differently from chemo or radiation, the hurting joints could be one of them too. Keep us posted and I wish you well.

After having a hardy laugh with the chemo doctor about all my aches and pains, I just figure it's another side affect of the radiation. It turned my skin a strange color and burned/singed the ends of my hair. Not to mention all the other things like burning vital organs! I have to wonder with the tumor being where it was on my left side if my heart was affected after what happened to Ted Kennedy's daughter. I'm sure it did, but the cancer didn't get me so I will wait and see.

I could very well call the rad doc and rant, then she would sit me down and explain every detail for me. I just don't because I know what she will say.

All is well with my chemo.

Hi April,

Are you on anything else beyond the chemo? Blood enhancers or Zometa? Neulasta and Neupogen are notorious for causing bone/joint aches.

Our doctor always said that if OTC pain killers took away a headache, etc., then it wasn't bone mets. Then again, my husband had two bone mets that he never knew about. They weren't in areas where they might hurt -- like the spine. Scapula and hip.

Chemo exacerbates pretty much anything in your body. Not a good time. Sending hugs and high fives to keep your spirits up. Four cycles and a scan. Sounds about right. Let's fight for a boffo scan for you. Have you ever tried Reiki? It seemed to help my husband when he had so much pain from the rib issues. Calmed his mind a bit.

Keep us posted. We're rooting for you!

God bless,
    PBJ

P.S. I missed the last two posts in the thread. Radiation. Another little turn of the screw. You did say they burned you. What were they thinking?
    Husband diagnosed with NSCLC Stage IV in 3/2005. Fought & lived over 2 1/2 years with multiple lines of treatment.

Post describing our journey: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.ph...er=asc&start=0

Left my embrace to live with our Heavenly Father in October of 2007 and now breathes with ease forever. I will miss this gentle, giving soul with the easy smile for the rest of my days, but have faith we will be together again. He's just getting a little break from me!

Hi PBJ, I'm not on any of those. The radiation burns were pretty much normal. Aside from hitting my esophagus I developed a 3" X 8" swath of burns across my back across my shoulder blades. They gave me something for it. A strange grey tan and the ends of my hair fried like I'd gotten too close to a fire. Now I'm getting the dreaded mouth sores from the Alimta. Oh well, I'll be done with it in November. Should be good as new by Christmas!

Try taking B50. The oncology nurses had recommended that for my hub's mouth sores. It was a little miracle for him. Doesn't work for everyone, but it's worth a shot. Also the usual Biotene mouth wash 4x a day. Sorry about the mouth sores. They're nasty.
    Husband diagnosed with NSCLC Stage IV in 3/2005. Fought & lived over 2 1/2 years with multiple lines of treatment.

Post describing our journey: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.ph...er=asc&start=0

Left my embrace to live with our Heavenly Father in October of 2007 and now breathes with ease forever. I will miss this gentle, giving soul with the easy smile for the rest of my days, but have faith we will be together again. He's just getting a little break from me!