A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Book for children with cancer

Newbie New User

Book for children with cancer

Hello,
    I am a Hodgkins Lymphoma survivor (currently going on 5 years) currently pursuing a doctorate degree in clinical psychology.

I am doing research looking at how a book can help a child ages 5-12 who has a cancer diagnosis. If you are a parent of a child in this age bracket and are interested in helping medical professionals learn about how to better help these children, please consider being a part of my study.

The commitment is very little on your part, and all that is asked is that you fill out a few short questionnaires and read a brief picture book to your child. You will be given a hard cover copy of this unpublished book to keep as an incentive to participate. Of course, I will ship all materials to you and assume all costs and it only takes about 30 minutes to complete the study.

Please PM me here if you are interested and I would be happy to answer questions you might have. Thank you so much for your consideration!
    Last edited by ChemoMan; 09-29-2011 at 06:10 AM.

Hi Nicole.
    Congratulations on your 5 years.
    Your email link will be removed as per forum policy and I suggest that anyone wishing to contribute contact you initially through PM here.

Good luck with it.
    To me it sounds a great idea.
    Aussie, age 61
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Years of pain, bleeding, women's plumbing problems. TV ultrasound, tests, eventual hysterectomy 2007, fibroids in lining of Uterus.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011. Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.Still NED Nov 2012.
    Discharged Nov 2014.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma.

Relapse Apr 2016. AITL. Some chemos then on to allo transplant. Onc says long remission was good. Still very fixable.

SCT Aug 2016

Can you recommend the name of the book which can guide us on how to treat with children who are suffering from cancer.