A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: And life goes on

And life goes on

Kenny was calling for me at ten thirty this morn. He was still in bed, I was in living room. He had a severe pain in the left lung area around heart region. He refused hospital or dr. So I got him sitting upright in bed gave him 2 vicodin, put fan on him, and sat and rubbed his back. Praying all the while. It passed after a bit and hasnt returned as of yet. He was very scared, as was I, but not his time. So we Continue on with life. I promised myself that I would be honest with this forum, so this is why i posted, not to frighten, but to inform. We stay the course! Prayers and blessings for all

Experienced User
    Oh Mojo, I am just so, I don't know what to say..... I am thinking of you both. Sad so sad. I listen to the way you handle His and your battle "So we continue on with life" It's really the truth. It will stick with me forever. Lots of love.

Thanks rectal help!

I am glad you are posting details MoJo, it helps all of us learn. It also helps as we can be specific in prayer. I will pray for a peaceful ending for Kenny when the time comes...we none of us want to die in pain. I am so glad you are there with him.

You should call the Doc anyway...just to inform him...

Tell Kenny we care....I will light a special candle for him each night this week...you can tell him it will be in front of my icon of ST Michael the archangel....he is the warrior angel who fights battles for us.

Cheers DulcimerGal
    Rectal Cancer diagnosed Valentines Day 2008 - stage 3
    Finished 6 weeks of radiation and chemo 4/23/08
    Surgery to remove tumor - June 18th 2008
    Colostomy Reversal August 20th 2008
    Chemotherapy 5 months (Xeloda) finished Christmas 2008
    Local recurrence found May 2011
    Permanent colostomy and salvage APR surgery June 3rd 2011
    Stage 3C - 4 of 12 lymph nodes involved
    Finished 12 treatments of FOLFOX 6 - January 17th 2012 - Happy Dance!
    March 2012 - clean CAT Scan
    August 2012 - Cancer moves to stage 4
    CAT shows cancer cells implanted in pelvis/abdomen
    September - PET shows lung lesion 1.4 x 1 cm
    October - begin sessions of Folfiri.3 - Avastin, Irotecan, 5fu
    February 2013 - tumors shrinking, continuing biweekly chemo
    April 2013 finished all 12 Folfiri treatments, scan shows only lung lesions
    May - October Blessed chemo break!
    October 2013, scan shows more growth in pelvis and lungs
    Continue with biweekly Folfiri.3 - Avastin, Irotecan, leucovorin, 5fu
    April 2014 CAT scan shows tumors in liver
    June 2014 More tumor growth, stop Irinotecan cocktail after two years
    June 2014 Begin Regorafenib (Stivarga)

thanks dulcimergal. what an honor you bestow. i will make sure kenny knows of this . We laid in bed last night talking of heaven and how all pain will be gone for him when he enters the Lords Kingdom, and how glad all of his friends and family who have gone on before will be to see him, such a party for him. and how he will stand before our lord and all sins will be laid bare and how Jesus will cover them all with his blood. He is not fearful for that, just the possible pain and he reminded me of how my dad had gotten "out of his mind" and yelled at us a few days prior to his death. he doesn't want that. I told him that is terminal delirium and some have it some don't, its usually when the body becomes toxic with waste products that theliver and kidney can't process. i reminded him of how we got the abhr rub and morphine rub and dad was peaceful right away and died quietly with my brother at his side a few days later. Gods will be done. We both slept peacefully after this talk. today, so far he has only a few twinges, so today we go on, more memories made. love to you all, sharon

I am not ready to face what you are going through Mojo but I know the time will come for me as well. I look for your posts on here. You are a true inspiration to me. Special prayers for you and Kenny. May the Lord bless you both!

Thank you wytypspy.
    Kenny had a quiet day yesterday. Twinges of pain, but slept the night with no pain. He has decided to take vicodin in morning and before bed, have a regular schedule. His older brother in va hospital in fla, he has hx of colon ca also, we are awaiting the MRI results. This has upset kenny so badly. He can deal with his, but can't travel to help brother. But we can pray. Our 39th anniversary is Friday, hoping for a great day!

a quiet day. Kenny was upset as he was so very tired today. he slept most of the day off and on. he told me he got kind of jittery, i think at this point he is frightened of any thing out of the norm. but all in all, it was a good day. i got the kitchen cupboards sanded and new holes drilled for new hardware as he slept. and life goes on

Hey Mojo...i've had the jitters bad too...not so much any more now that I am resigned to this recurrence...but the Doc gave me Ativan, it really helped calm me down...has Kenny ever tried it?

My Dad died of cancer and my sister and I stayed with him all the time, at the end he was getting morphine but he died very peacefully. We played his favorite music for him. I've told my husband I want music too...even if I look like i'm in a coma!

So good that you had the talk about our Lord waiting for him, I am very happy you both have such faith, and your reassurances will help him as he encounters doubts as we all do...

Still praying for you both. Hugs!

DulcimerGal
    Rectal Cancer diagnosed Valentines Day 2008 - stage 3
    Finished 6 weeks of radiation and chemo 4/23/08
    Surgery to remove tumor - June 18th 2008
    Colostomy Reversal August 20th 2008
    Chemotherapy 5 months (Xeloda) finished Christmas 2008
    Local recurrence found May 2011
    Permanent colostomy and salvage APR surgery June 3rd 2011
    Stage 3C - 4 of 12 lymph nodes involved
    Finished 12 treatments of FOLFOX 6 - January 17th 2012 - Happy Dance!
    March 2012 - clean CAT Scan
    August 2012 - Cancer moves to stage 4
    CAT shows cancer cells implanted in pelvis/abdomen
    September - PET shows lung lesion 1.4 x 1 cm
    October - begin sessions of Folfiri.3 - Avastin, Irotecan, 5fu
    February 2013 - tumors shrinking, continuing biweekly chemo
    April 2013 finished all 12 Folfiri treatments, scan shows only lung lesions
    May - October Blessed chemo break!
    October 2013, scan shows more growth in pelvis and lungs
    Continue with biweekly Folfiri.3 - Avastin, Irotecan, leucovorin, 5fu
    April 2014 CAT scan shows tumors in liver
    June 2014 More tumor growth, stop Irinotecan cocktail after two years
    June 2014 Begin Regorafenib (Stivarga)

Thanks dulcimer gal. He has Xanax and that seems to help. He had Ativan in hosp before so if Xanax stops working, will ask dr. With exertion now he has this weak little cough, he has cough syrup seems to help a bit. He says no pain currently. We will have our 39 th anniversary tomorrow. But dated for a year prior to marriage, so in my odd way of thinking, I figure we got our 40 years! Didn't know if we would make this anniv so what a blessing we have received.

I have music ready to go and we have played some just for our memories. happy Anniversary to my own true love Kenny!