A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 236371727374 LastLast

Thread: New in TN

You are exactly right. Very busy with life. Busy with my family, job, business and hobbies. Retiring in June so I have lots to do between now and then. Staying so busy keeps my mind occupied. Hope all is well.

Super Moderator Top User po18guy's Avatar
    You will never - I repeat: NEVER - regret retiring.

I retired today. This is a super huge milestone for me considering the fact I thought I was gonna have to go on Social security disability 7 3/4 years ago. I have tons of chores and hobbies to keep myself busy.
    Age 55
    Follicular Non-hodgkins lymphoma Stage 2 on 10-28-2011
    Upgraded to Low grade follicular non-hodgkins lymphoma Stage IV on 11-11-11.
    Cancer in lymph nodes found in neck, back of abdomen, between both lungs and cancer cells found in bone marrow test.
    Prescribed Treanda and Rituxan, 4 months. To start 11-28-2011.
    Remission 2-17-2012
    Rituxan treatments start 4-25-2012, once every two months for two years
    Learning as I go.

Good for you! You can pick and choose what, when, where and why now!

Moderator Top User
    Congrats on making retirement but beware I became busy once I retired when compared to when I was working, but at least you chose what you do, enjoy!
    NHL DLBC aggressive stage 4B advanced
    diagnosed april 09
    after 8 rchop and a couple of delays, in remission
    some long term side effects to manage post treatment
    some blips and investigations on the journey but now
    22nd oct 2014 discharged no more hospital visits

we are all on a roller coaster ride, riding blind never knowing where the highs and lows are.

Senior User
    Awesome news!
    DX12/31/12 indolent b cell fNHL S4 G1/2
    Trial of Ofatumumab(Arzerra) Feb 2013
    8/30/2013 remission...
    Trial ALT 803 and Rituxan Feb 2018
    Remission 11/18

Bank, this is very nice to hear, congratulations! May you enjoy all the days before you and may they by cancer free forever!

Good Health,

kermica

To the best of my knowledge I am still NED. I had blood work done back in March. High white cell, old blood, ECT. I took a round of strong antibiotics because we thought it was a possible sinus infection. Two month later we retested and all my previous high points of concern were corrected. There was a much more than normal amount of stress during that two months.

I am a long way from slowing down my lifestyle. We are really busy with family and our business. Hopefully within the next 6 months I will get in a more relaxed life style. Now I am still in that weekend rush mode.

Just wanted to touch base and ask any nhfl or lymphoma patients if they get almost constant calls and emails about Roundup lawsuits? Lawyers call me almost daily. Somehow they found me in a nhfl database somewhere and got my home and cell phone numbers. I have never been involved in conversation about this with any lawyer. I never read the news ads about the lawsuits against the chemical companies. Yes, I have used lots of the weedkiller. More than anyone you know due to it being part of my job assignments for several years and in my own business needs. I wonder if somehow these lawyers know this as part of my medical records? I have never spoken with any of them. They leave lots of messages and even robo call messages. This has been going on for about a year. I am not interested in trying to sue anyone, just wanted to know if anyone else has had this happen?
    Last edited by Bank Walker; 08-16-2019 at 12:39 AM.

1. Very good to hear from you.
    2. Nope. Not a peep. T-Cell patients are apparently like the weeds that Roundup kills.
    3. The sharks always circle when there's blood in the water.
    4. I know that the cancer world is a hard thing to dwell on, or to re-enter, but do check in as you have been doing.
    5. Still getting positive comments on my walking stick!