A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374

Thread: New in TN

I think getting involved in a lawsuit would be like cancer treatments. Extreme highs and lows. Years and years of stress. Not sure how to get them to stop calling. If i get engaged in a conversation asking them to stop I think they will continue even more. The thing is there are several different law firms calling. They seem to already know I am a nhfl patient. It is like my name is on a list someone sold to a bunch of law firms. I am really considering getting my land line cut off and changing my cell number. I have already shut down my cell phones mail box. The only reason to keep my land line is due to fact we are in a rural area and have no cell signal near our home.

Things are good here. Trying to get in a normal retirement routine. I am working at my home on my Japanese gardens or at my business for 4 hours or so each day (in the mornings). Then after lunch I have been painting or spending time in my shop on woodworking projects. Most Saturday mornings I spend on the old travel trailer I am restoring. I took a 6 week watercolor class. That is what I needed; another hobby. Hahaha. Up until now I had only used acrylics or oil paints.

Super Moderator Top User po18guy's Avatar
    Maybe consider getting an internet phone (VOIP). Xfinity is my ISP, so I have one of their internet phone lines. I give that one out when I don't want any calls! The plus is that it is easy to block numbers.

Now, what you are doing is called living life and enjoying life. Way to go!

8 years of LIVING WITH cancer. Last week was my 8 year anniversary of when I was first diagnosed. I honestly feel blessed beyond words that I can express. My thanks to everyone who helped me along the way. Most of all I long ago made my peace and daily give thanks to the glory of God. All who are struggling and are fighting at this time, your in my prayers.

Super Moderator Top User po18guy's Avatar
    Always great to hear from you, and I echo your comments. But forget cancer - at our age, the heart is by far the biggest threat. Kinda like the grim reaper's shell game to get us to focus on the "C" and forget the "H"

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Bank Walker View Post
    8 years of LIVING WITH cancer. Last week was my 8 year anniversary of when I was first diagnosed. I honestly feel blessed beyond words that I can express. My thanks to everyone who helped me along the way. Most of all I long ago made my peace and daily give thanks to the glory of God. All who are struggling and are fighting at this time, your in my prayers.
    Well said and your prayers are appreciated. Our prayers for you, your family, and everyone affected by cancer.

And Happy Thanksgiving too!
    Age 55 at Diagnosis
    6/2017 - Fell off a ladder. Incidental finding
    7/2017 -CT shows "Innumerable" enlarged nodes up to 2.6cm in mesentery, retroperitoneal, mediastinum, SCV node. No symptoms blood work normal--including LDH.
    7/2017 - Biopsy confirms Lymphoma of Follicular center origin WHO 1-3a. Also some diffuse areas highly concerning for DLBCL.
    7/2017 - PET confirms Stage III. SUVs to 9.3. Bone marrow biopsy negative. Remain Stage III.
    8/2017 - Begin RCHOP 21. Neuts to zero after treatment. Neulasta moving fwd. Neuts rebound.
    10/2017 - Mid point CT shows treatment effective. RCHOP continues.
    11/30/17 - RCHOP concludes
    1/2018 - PET shows zero SUVs and complete response to treatment. Rituxan maintenance begins
    7/2018 - CT shows NED. New coronary artery calcification to be investigated.
    7/2019 - CT shows NED. Coronary calcification is gone.