A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 LastLast

Thread: New in TN

Senior User
    I am sick!!! I have been fighting the flu for almost 2 weeks. I missed one day of work and hugged my recliner the rest of the time. Well I finally decided to miss work again and go see my family doctor. I had a few days mixed in where I was feeling better but would only get to feeling bad again. The moral is I think my immune system is really weak right now and I am catching everything I come in contact with. I might take a few weeks off and play hermit and work in my greenhouses. I know it is cold and flu season and hope everyone else here is able to avoid catching something.

Having a cold is only half of the problem right now, I have had spells of Diarrhea twice lasting 3-4 days each time during the last two weeks. You talk about a good cough suppressant. It sure changes the whole idea of being afraid to cough of sneeze.

Bank, I'm sorry to hear that you are under the weather and hope you fel better soon.

You should go see your doctor, my friend. Two weeks sick is about a week longer than we should try to tough things out, in my opinion. The upside is that what you are dealing with does not sound related to lymphoma in any way. Key question - did you get a flu shot this season? It is really important for us since we do have weakened immune systems that we take preventive measures against bugs whenever they are available to us.

Again, I hope you are on the mend and feeling better soon!

Good health,

kermica

Top User
    Bank, sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather, if its the same bug that is effecting many in the UK then it does linger for several weeks and has an evil streak when it cons you to thinking things are improving, only to hit you again. Sadly, one that just has to be worked through.

Hope you feel better soon

john
    NHL DLBC aggressive stage 4B advanced
    diagnosed april 09
    after 8 rchop and a couple of delays, in remission
    some long term side effects to manage post treatment
    some blips and investigations on the journey but now
    22nd oct 2014 discharged no more hospital visits

we are all on a roller coaster ride, riding blind never knowing where the highs and lows are.

Administrator Top User ChemoMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bank I agree with Kermica... go and see a doctor.

Be wary of your Greenhouse...they harbor dangerous mold species quite capable of causing fatal disease in immune compromised individuals. In fact your "flu" may be caused by mold in which case it is doubly important to see a doctor

Below is a link to a very good resource on mold disease specifically for the US:

http://www.thoracic.org/patients/pat...ng-disease.pdf

Good luck
    Age 60
    Diffuse Large B cell Lymphoma
    Stage 2a
    Finished six cycles of R chop 21 26th May 2008
    Officially in remission 9th July 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 1st October 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 17th June 2009
    Remission reconfirmed 7th June 2010
    Remission reconfirmed 6th July 2011

NED AND DECLARED CURED on the 2/01/2013

No more scheduled visits to the Prof
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9620

RULE NUMBER 1.....Don't Panic
    RULE NUMBER 2..... Don't forget rule Number 1

Great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.

I may not have gone where I intended to go,
    but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Senior User
    Went to see my General Practitioner. Got some meds. Hopefully I will be better in a few days. Hugging the couch most of the day today. I had to go check on some of our goats. We had new babies born yesterday and 3 more are expecting now. I am gonna post some pics in the lounge.
    Age 52
    Follicular Non-hodgkins lymphoma Stage 2 on 10-28-2011
    Upgraded to Low grade follicular non-hodgkins lymphoma Stage IV on 11-11-11.
    Cancer in lymph nodes found in neck, back of abdomen, between both lungs and cancer cells found in bone marrow test.
    Prescribed Treanda and Rituxan, 4 months. To start 11-28-2011.
    Remission 2-17-2012
    Rituxan treatments start 4-25-2012, once every two months for two years
    Learning as I go.

Senior User
    Hi Bank,

Hope you feel better soon!! Where is the lounge? Wanting to see some baby goat pictures!
    Researcher, advocate, and caregiver to my son, age 24
    July 2016, Diagnosed with Systemic ALCL ALK-neg, DUSP-neg, stage IV, IPI 2, PIT 1, normal LDH, normal B2 microglobulin
    Sept 2016, Third round of E-CHOP complete;; PET scan NED
    Nov 2016, Sixth and final round of E-CHOP completed
    Primary side effects: Some mucositis and constipation, but this resolved early on. Fatigue. Thrush after chemo resolved with Nystatin. Depression (also an issue before cancer diagnosis).
    Continued to live alone and work two jobs through chemo!
    Dec 2016, PET scan NED
    March 2017, Experiencing symptoms: cough and stomach issues. Found two small lumps in neck
    March 2017, CT scan shows relapse. Confirmed by PET
    April 2017, CD-30 confirmed with biopsy; Begin Brentuximab for at least three cycles
    May 2017, Biopsy came back with new diagnosis: Classical Hodgkin's! Likely misdiagnosed initially (by three different pathologists).

Top User
    Quote Originally Posted by VMarie View Post
    Where is the lounge? Wanting to see some baby goat pictures!
    click on forum see top left, and scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see it
    NHL DLBC aggressive stage 4B advanced
    diagnosed april 09
    after 8 rchop and a couple of delays, in remission
    some long term side effects to manage post treatment
    some blips and investigations on the journey but now
    22nd oct 2014 discharged no more hospital visits

we are all on a roller coaster ride, riding blind never knowing where the highs and lows are.

Senior User
    Posted more baby goat pictures today. We have 7 now, expecting about that many more between now and spring.
    Age 52
    Cancer in lymph nodes found in neck, back of abdomen, between both lungs and cancer cells found in bone marrow test.
    Remission 2-17-2012
    Learning as I go.

Senior User
    Big news, grandbaby #8 was born April 7th. It is a girl. Grandbaby #9 should be here within 2-3 weeks. We are blessed. Sorry I have not been around the forum lately. We are busy with family, work and our business. I guess to say I have too many irons in the fire would be an understatement. Hope your all well.
    Age 52
    Remission 2-17-2012
    Learning as I go.

Super Moderator Top User po18guy's Avatar
    What blessings, indeed! Being busy with life is a perfect reason to be away from the forums! It does the heart good to hear your good news. And, I am using a certain, custom-made walking stick as we speak - for which I remain very grateful.