A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CLL

CLL

Hello, My husband was recently diagnosed with CLL. Is there any one out there who has CLL and can share their experience. Thank you, Heather

Top User
    Hello

CLL is a really indolent disease. It is a disease that usually affect older folks, and most of the times patients die from causes other than the CLL. If it is considered a stage 0, meaning nothing is being affected by the disease, only the white count is high, no treatment is necessary, only monitoring.

You can check www.nccn.org for more info, but CLL is definitely not one of the worst leukemias to have.

regards,
    Leo
    Leonardo F - Webmaster Cancer Forums
    Disclaimer: this information is for informational purposes only. It is not medical advice.

Mary Anne

Re: CLL

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Hello, My husband was recently diagnosed with CLL. Is there any one out there who has CLL and can share their experience. Thank you, Heather
    I am 57 and have had CLL for four years. I had chemotherapy a year and a half ago. Although my cancer is not gone, I am teaching again and I am doing well. I do seem to have more infections than before but they are minor right now. My oncologist thinks I will need chemo again some day, but right now I am enjoying life. I have never talked with anyone else who has CLL. Maybe I can help. The diagnosis is frightening but because this type of leukemia is so slow to progress, it is a disease you can live with - literally. Mary Anne

Heather

CLL

Thank you Leo for your info. Unfortunately, My husband is in stage 4.
    Heather

HEATHER

CLL

HELLO MARY ANNE,
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANSWERING. MY HUSBAND IS 54. WHEN DIAGNOSED HE WAS IN STAGE 4, WE KNOW THATS NOT GOOD. WE ARE CONFUSED AND WORRIED, IM SURE YOU CAN RELATE. I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS ABOUT CLL FOR YOU. IS IT NOT A GOOD IDEA TO GIVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ON A FORUM?(IM NEW AT THIS).

THANK YOU,
    HEATHER

Top User
    Heather

You can both register and send private messages to each other. Also you can send people e-mails through the board so that other's emails are not public.

regards,
    Leo
    Leonardo F - Webmaster Cancer Forums
    Disclaimer: this information is for informational purposes only. It is not medical advice.

HEATHER

CLL

LEO,
    THANK YOU. IM GOING TO GO AHEAD AND REGISTER AND HOPE THAT MARY ANNE DOES THE SAME. HEATHER

Hi...my husband has had CLL for nearly 3 years. Would like to talk with you.

Regular User

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Hi...my husband has had CLL for nearly 3 years. Would like to talk with you.

Hello,
    I dont know your name.
    I have been checking every day for a response from Mary Anne but, no luck! I am so glad you read and responded. My husband was diagnosed with CLL on 9/30/04. Because of the aggressive type and stage he was in, he started chemo six days later. We are extreamly worried, scared and lost, and thats definitely putting it lightly! Is there anything you can share with us, anything. If there is anything I could share with you, to help you, please let me know. I am anxious to here from you.
    Thank you, Heather

Dear Heather,

My name is Bill Duffy ([email protected]), I have had CLL for over 3 years, and have already undergone a successful round of chemo. I am also on the Board of Directors of a non-profit CLL Advocacy and Education group with its own website www.clltopics.org

Take a look at that website, It may have many of the answers you're looking for. If you have more questions, you can e-mail me directly.

Best Wishes,

Bill Duffy, 61, dx 8/01, Rituxin/Fludara X 6, Complete Remission