A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: delete account

Regular User

delete account

how do I remove myself from this site permanently? I really thought it would help and I posted and tried to seek out help but no one even answers me so I want out. What do I do?

Hi Tiff,

I'm surprised and sorry to hear that you don't feel you are receiving support. Often it can be something as small as posting in a forum that doesn't get a lot of traffic, a weekend, or around a holiday, when people are extra busy. You have had many responses to your posts here though Tiff. Sometimes it may not be super-speedy and I know that's difficult when you're hurting.

I don't know if you can delete yourself. If you feel that this is what you want, post it again and one of the admins/moderators can delete your account.

Again, I'm somewhat confused, but sorry that you feel this way.

PBJ
    Husband diagnosed with NSCLC Stage IV in 3/2005. Fought & lived over 2 1/2 years with multiple lines of treatment.

Post describing our journey: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.ph...er=asc&start=0

Left my embrace to live with our Heavenly Father in October of 2007 and now breathes with ease forever. I will miss this gentle, giving soul with the easy smile for the rest of my days, but have faith we will be together again. He's just getting a little break from me!

Newbie Senior User
    I read your thread, Tiff, and considered responding to it but I know I'm not all that great at giving people comfort and figured I'd step aside in the hopes someone better suited to the task would help you out.

I'm sorry you didn't get the help you were looking for, and would encourage you not to delete your account. There's no harm leaving it active, and you may find you'd like to use it again in the future.
    31-year-old agnostic survivor of low-grade oligo-astrocytoma, diagnosed 6/17/11.
    I maintain the Ramblings of a Traitorous Mind blog as a chronicle of my battle with cancer and my related reflections.

I think you have to understand that yes, whilst you need help NOW and feel so lost that you were indeed answered by me and some others and that we don't have magic wands to make you feel better.
    Funkyjoy offered you contact by email.
    People here are in the same boat as you or they have cancer themselves. They can not always get on the computer just when you feel that they should.
    This is a busy time of year, a very sad time of year too for some and forums can slow down.

If you want to leave, probably the best way is just to walk away.

You have been offered help, advised to call hospice. I have no idea what else you expect from us.
    You need more help than we can provide with just a keyboard.
    I hope so much that you find it.
    Aussie, age 61
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Years of pain, bleeding, women's plumbing problems. TV ultrasound, tests, eventual hysterectomy 2007, fibroids in lining of Uterus.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011. Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.Still NED Nov 2012.
    Discharged Nov 2014.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma.

Relapse Apr 2016. AITL. Some chemos then on to allo transplant. Onc says long remission was good. Still very fixable.

SCT Aug 2016

I'm sorry you didn't feel you got the help you wanted! If you want to email me at a later date feel free!
    Joy