A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Honestly - an easy recipe for easy-to-eat Carrot/Ginger soup

Newbie New User

Honestly - an easy recipe for easy-to-eat Carrot/Ginger soup

Even this doesn't work for the worst days, but it's super nutritious, and EASY. You must have a blender for this (a cuisinart thing doesn't work as well).

Carrot-Ginger Soup
    Serves: 8 -10 servings

2 T butter (I use 4 when I’m trying to gain weight).
    2 onions, peeled and chopped (you’re going to blend this so just rough chop them)
    6 C chicken broth (I use water and that Better than Bouillion product avail in groceries)
    2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced (2 – 3 inch pieces to save time,)
    2 - 3 t grated fresh ginger – This needs to be super-finely teeny tiny chopped (even
    tho it’ll get blended)
    2 C ˝ and ˝ (or use 1 cup whipping cream & 1 cup milk…adjust to your taste and calories-desired. You can also use milk, skim milk, lactose free milk, etc.)
    Salt? (if you use a salty bouillion product, just salt a bit to taste).

In a big enuf pot melt butter, add onions and cook, stirring often, until onions are limp.

Add carrots & ginger and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add broth.

Cover & bring to a boil. Reduce heat - simmer 'til carrots are very tender when pierced.

Remove from heat and let cool down.

Transfer to a blender in batches - blend for what will seem like a long time, starting
    with the lowest speed and ending on the highest…hitting all the speeds in between
    for 30 – 45 seconds each. DO NOT FILL BLENDER MORE THAN HALF WAY!! BE
    SURE to use the blender cover & release one corner of the lid (this prevents the
    vacuum effect that creates heat explosions.) Place a towel over the top of the
    machine and then hold a kitchen towel over the top of the blender. Hot liquids
    can spurt out of the blender.

if you need liquid while blending, use the milk. If it's still too thick use a little water.

Return to the pan and add milk products (whatever you choose) stir over high heat until hot. Add salt and pepper, to taste.

Enjoy - Paella

Newbie New User
    Thanks Paella for sharing useful homemade recipe. I have a gas problem from past 1month I have consulted a doctor but not helped me. My grandmother suggests consuming ginger. After my grandmother suggests me to consume ginger I have started researched for recipes and homemade remedies lucky I found this link honestly I am going to try this recipe today. Ginger has proven medicine for gas and preventing colon cancer. So I am very much interested to have an healthy recipe and juice of ginger. Once again thanks a lot Paella.