A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: U.S. Clinical Trials

U.S. Clinical Trials

Hi everyone, if you are in need of a search tool for seeking a clinical trial in the U.S., the following are worth your time:

http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ (this one is actually a worldwide database)

http://www.cancer.org/treatment/trea...tching-service

Good luck and good health to all,

kermica
    Last edited by Kermica; 01-08-2012 at 02:32 PM.
    When the world says, "Give up," Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
    ~Author Unknown

Age 66
    Follicular lymphoma diagnosed August 08, Stage 1
    2 cycles (20 treatments each) localized radiation to tumor sites. Remission confirmed July 09
    Restaged to Stage 3 May 2010
    Recurrence confirmed May 2010 - Watch and Wait commenced - multiple scans with minimal progression.
    Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma diagnosed September 2012. Mohs surgical excision 09/2012. Successful, clean edges all around.
    Significant progression detected in PET scan - December 2012
    Biopsy to check for transformation 1/18/2013 - negative for that but full of lymphoma, of course.
    July 2013 - Rescan due to progression shows one tumor (among many) very suspect for transformation, another biopsy 8/12/13.
    August 2013 - No evidence of transformation, 6 courses of B+R commence 8/29 due to "extensive, systemic disease".
    February 2014 - Diagnostic PET scan states: Negative PET scan. Previous noted hypermetabolic cervical, axillary, iliac and inguinal lymphadenopathy has resolved. Doctor confirms full remission.
    June 2014 - started 2 year maintenance Rituxan, 1 infusion every 3 months. Doctor confirms lump under right arm are "suspicious" for recurrent disease, deferring scans for now.
    February 2015 - Doc and I agreed to stop R maintenance as it is depressing my immune system too much.
    June 2015 - Confirm that the beast is back by physical exam, will scan in August after esophageal issues settle down so we can get a clear view.
    August 2015 - physical exam in error, PET/CT shows no evidence of disease. Remission continues well into second year!
    December 2015 - Cardiologist tells me I have plaque buildup growing at an alarming rate. Stent or bypass down the road but not yet...
    March 2016 - new tumor below the jaw so remission is over. Back to active surveillance until treatment is needed.
    June 2016 - C/T scan indicates presence of multiple lesions in iliac chain.
    August 2016 - PET/CT shows multiple areas of lymphoma as expected plus new areas of concern in bowel.
    January 2017 - C/T scan shows significant progression in cervical and inguinal lymph chains, largest tumor is impacting hearing, measures 2.1x4.6 cm. 4 to 8 cycles of R-CVP, 1x3weeks to commence 2/6/17.
    April 2017 - Mid treatment scan shows about 1/3 reduction in multiple tumors. Also shows abdominal aortic aneurysm with peripheral thrombus. Cardiologist changed meds, spoke of need for surgical repair down the road.

Top User
    Thanks Kermica. I wish I'd had this from the start when we started looking.

PS to anyone from what I gather, any U.S. trial at least I have heard is supposed to be registered at clinicaltrials.gov, but it is poorly designed - prepare for what may be a labor-intensive effort - !

Newbie New User
    Does old clinical trials matter here? I was in Dr. kaplan's clinical trials with the Linear Accelerator for Hodgkins at Stanford University in 1970 when I was 21. I was stage 1A. I am now 63, RCA opening stented in 2005 (found "accidentally") and Aortic Valve Replacement in April 2011 at USC with Dr. Starnes, Surgeon.
    Have never met anyone this far out from treatment, even online, yet. I am VERY FAR OUT from treatment, most get my symptoms 20-25 yrs earlier.... Am 42 years out now. Michelle

Administrator Top User ChemoMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michellemar View Post
    Does old clinical trials matter here? I was in Dr. kaplan's clinical trials with the Linear Accelerator for Hodgkins at Stanford University in 1970 when I was 21. I was stage 1A. I am now 63, RCA opening stented in 2005 (found "accidentally") and Aortic Valve Replacement in April 2011 at USC with Dr. Starnes, Surgeon.
    Have never met anyone this far out from treatment, even online, yet. I am VERY FAR OUT from treatment, most get my symptoms 20-25 yrs earlier.... Am 42 years out now. Michelle
    Hi michellemar
    This thread is for current trials for the benefit of those among us who may need the help Its alright no harm done with your post.

Cheers
    Last edited by ChemoMan; 10-29-2012 at 10:56 AM.
    Age 60
    Diffuse Large B cell Lymphoma
    Stage 2a
    Finished six cycles of R chop 21 26th May 2008
    Officially in remission 9th July 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 1st October 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 17th June 2009
    Remission reconfirmed 7th June 2010
    Remission reconfirmed 6th July 2011

NED AND DECLARED CURED on the 2/01/2013

No more scheduled visits to the Prof
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9620

RULE NUMBER 1.....Don't Panic
    RULE NUMBER 2..... Don't forget rule Number 1

Great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.

I may not have gone where I intended to go,
    but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Senior User
    For those dealing with leukemia or lymphoma, The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society has a *free* clinical trial help service. They will provide you with a personalized listing of clinical trials specific to your situation. Could save a lot of time and aggravation!
    https://www.lls.org/treatment/types-...linical-trials
    Researcher, advocate, and caregiver to my son, age 24
    July 2016, Diagnosed with Systemic ALCL ALK-neg, DUSP-neg, stage IV, IPI 2, PIT 1, normal LDH, normal B2 microglobulin
    Sept 2016, Third round of E-CHOP complete;; PET scan NED
    Nov 2016, Sixth and final round of E-CHOP completed
    Primary side effects: Some mucositis and constipation, but this resolved early on. Fatigue. Thrush after chemo resolved with Nystatin. Depression (also an issue before cancer diagnosis).
    Continued to live alone and work two jobs through chemo!
    Dec 2016, PET scan NED
    March 2017, Experiencing symptoms: cough and stomach issues. Found two small lumps in neck
    March 2017, CT scan shows relapse. Confirmed by PET
    April 2017, CD-30 confirmed with biopsy; Begin Brentuximab for at least three cycles
    May 2017, Biopsy came back with new diagnosis: Classical Hodgkin's! Likely misdiagnosed initially (by three different pathologists).