A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: T cell rich diffuse B cell non-hodgkins - anyone else have this or know about it?

Regular User

Question T cell rich diffuse B cell non-hodgkins - anyone else have this or know about it?

Hello gang

First of all, I hope you are all having a good week this week.

I mentioned by change of diagnosis before, but not specifically, so now, I'm wondering if anyone else here has/had this? Apparently it's fairly rare?

If not, then I'll try to keep you lot updated instead, for the next person that arrives here

Love and Hugs

Ems x
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________
    Age 41
    Hodgkins lymphoma diagnosed August '11, Stage 2A
    Had 3 cycles of ABVD
    Then original node grew again rapidly: 2nd biopsy to neck.
    Changed regimen to rituximab and IGEV (in patient 1 week a month for 3 months Nov Dec and Jan)
    In Dec, new diagnosis - NHL = T cell rich diffuse B cell
    Awaiting stem cell harvesting Jan 2012, then transplant dates to be confirmed.

Administrator Top User ChemoMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emz9 View Post
    Hello gang

First of all, I hope you are all having a good week this week.

I mentioned by change of diagnosis before, but not specifically, so now, I'm wondering if anyone else here has/had this? Apparently it's fairly rare?

If not, then I'll try to keep you lot updated instead, for the next person that arrives here

Love and Hugs

Ems x
    Hi Ems

Yes it's as rare as hens teeth. For all intents and purposes its a Large B cell lymphoma and the treatment and prognosis is the same. We did have someone post here recently with this exact same cancer, but they did not stick around long, I can't remember who it was either, if I do remember I will post a link here.
    Age 62
    Diffuse Large B cell Lymphoma
    Stage 2a Bulky presentation
    Finished six cycles of R chop 21 26th May 2008
    Officially in remission 9th July 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 1st October 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 17th June 2009
    Remission reconfirmed 7th June 2010
    Remission reconfirmed 6th July 2011

NED AND DECLARED CURED on the 2/01/2013

No more scheduled visits to the Prof
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9620

Still alive in 2019 !

RULE NUMBER 1.....Don't Panic
    RULE NUMBER 2..... Don't forget rule Number 1

Great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.

I may not have gone where I intended to go,
    but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Administrator Top User ChemoMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi Ems

That person was you

Honestly its the same as DLBCL its just that yours has more T cells thrown in with the mix.
    below is an abstract from a paper on this

T-cell/histiocyte-rich B-cell lymphoma (T/HRBCL) is an uncommon morphologic variant of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL). Pathologically, it is distinguished by <10% malignant B cells amid a majority population of reactive T lymphocytes and histiocytes. Diagnosis of this entity is occasionally difficult, as it may appear similar to other lymphoid diseases, such as nodular lymphocyte-predominant Hodgkin’s lymphoma and classic Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Accurate diagnosis therefore rests with careful immunohistochemical analysis of the tumor cells and the inflammatory microenvironment. Clinically, T/HRBCL occurs in younger patients, predominantly affects men, and involves the liver, spleen, and bone marrow with greater frequency than traditional DLBCL. Despite the unique clinical features and robust host inflammatory response, T/HRBCL follows a natural history similar to those of other DLBCLs and responds similarly to therapy. Recent gene expression analysis demonstrates that a productive relationship with the host immune response may extend beyond this small DLBCL variant to include as many as one third of all DLBCLs. At present, T/HRBCL should be treated similarly to other stage-matched DLBCLs, though future therapies will likely be targeted at the relationship of the tumor cells with their inflammatory microenvironment.
    Everything I have read says basically the same thing, and that is the treatment and prognosis is the same as for DLBCL at the same stage.

Cheers
    Age 62
    Diffuse Large B cell Lymphoma
    Stage 2a Bulky presentation
    Finished six cycles of R chop 21 26th May 2008
    Officially in remission 9th July 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 1st October 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 17th June 2009
    Remission reconfirmed 7th June 2010
    Remission reconfirmed 6th July 2011

NED AND DECLARED CURED on the 2/01/2013

No more scheduled visits to the Prof
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9620

Still alive in 2019 !

RULE NUMBER 1.....Don't Panic
    RULE NUMBER 2..... Don't forget rule Number 1

Great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.

I may not have gone where I intended to go,
    but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Regular User
    Thanks Chemoman!
    I'm in hospital this week having the IGEV. Consultant said if we'd known it was NHL IGEV wouldn't have been traditional choice but as it worked the first month after coming off abvd, the team thought it silly to change so added the rituximab and we've carried on. I should see the consultant today. I'm wondering if I'll have a scan before SCT.
    The extract is good reading too, thank you. I see you were same stage as me. Good to read confirmation of you having the all clear x4!
    *hugs*
    Ems
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________
    Age 41
    Hodgkins lymphoma diagnosed August '11, Stage 2A
    Had 3 cycles of ABVD
    Then original node grew again rapidly: 2nd biopsy to neck.
    Changed regimen to rituximab and IGEV (in patient 1 week a month for 3 months Nov Dec and Jan)
    In Dec, new diagnosis - NHL = T cell rich diffuse B cell
    Awaiting stem cell harvesting Jan 2012, then transplant dates to be confirmed.

Newbie Regular User

hi there!

Quote Originally Posted by Emz9 View Post
    Thanks Chemoman!
    I'm in hospital this week having the IGEV. Consultant said if we'd known it was NHL IGEV wouldn't have been traditional choice but as it worked the first month after coming off abvd, the team thought it silly to change so added the rituximab and we've carried on. I should see the consultant today. I'm wondering if I'll have a scan before SCT.
    The extract is good reading too, thank you. I see you were same stage as me. Good to read confirmation of you having the all clear x4!
    *hugs*
    Ems
    How are you doing now with everything? My partner recently got diagnosed with this lymphoma and I am starting to become more educated about it as time passes.

Hope to hear from you.
    Thanks!

Super Moderator Top User po18guy's Avatar
    Sorry but this thread has been inactive for over seven years. As noted, TCR-DLBCL has a similar treatment plan and prognosis as the non-TCR version. There are quite a few here who have been treated for DLBCL, so they can certainly help. Closing this thread to avoid confusion.