A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: uggggh newest updates

Regular User

uggggh newest updates

My doctor cancelled by chemo today. He instead wants to do scans. If we went through with chemo we would have to wait another 3 weeks.

*vision issues (similar to pre gamma knife and WBR)
    *shortness of breath
    *sore collar bone and lower thigh bone
    * VERY lethargic

I am still working full time and he wants a PT on Monday, a CT on Tuesday and brain MRI on Wednesday.

We shall see what happens...

Custie, I hope things turn out okay for you. I hope that all those symptoms are just by products of the chemo. Good luck, I will be crossing my fingers for you. Do you get to speak with him immediately about the scan results?
    Boyfriend, 25, dx'ed Stage IV NSCLC 6/29/11. Malignant pleural effusion, liver/spine/lymph mets. Adenocarcinoma w/unknown primary! So confusing.

Jul '11: 2 cycles Carboplatin/Alimta (failed)
    Oct '11: Docetaxol/ramucirumab/Xgeva/Neulasta
    Dec '12: Liver met growth
    Jan '13: 10+ brain mets, 2 wks of WBR
    Mar '13: CDK 4/6 inhibitor trial (failed)
    May '13: Tested ROS1+
    June '13: Xalkori clinical trial for ROS1+
    Aug '13: Liver mets gone, lung spots gone. Doing great so far!
    Mar '14: Leptomeningeal progression. Ommaya reservoir put in for intrathecal methotrexate.
    May '14: Tolerating chemo, hoping for good news...

Blog: http://ros1positive.wordpress.com/

Newbie Top User
    Hi custie, I have that worked out with my onc already, one I don't do Pet scans, to expensive, that is replaced with a bone scan, I do all 3 in one day, normally on Saturdays but if we are in a hurry like last time I went mid week. I go in to the hospital about 9:30am hand my paper work into CT reception and get mike drinks, head to nuclear area to have my I.V. installed and get my injection for my up coming bone scan, head on over to MRI fill out the standard form and get in a short line for the MRI, get done with that then head to the CT waiting room and in line for the next up coming CT, after that I'm looking to get a late breakfast sense I have not eaten sense the night before, after that I head to my bone scan at 1:00 and I'm out of there by 2:00. I can't afford spiting up my scans, I feel fortunate that the the Queens Hospital has some good equipment and are fairly well organized.
    Dan
    57 year old male, Diagnosed Nov. 9,2007 with NSCLC IV with Mets to the lymph's and brain and now my pancreas (9/1/11)
    Had full brain radiation treatment in Jan 08 treatments now every 3 weeks with Alimta, stopped taking Lovenox for clots, working full time
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9993

Regular User
    thanks all I fortunately have insurance so the price aspect isn't a big deal. They don't do a PT and a CT on the same day so I had to do them Mon and Tues. The radiologist is in the office every morning. He won't have the PT and CT to look at together with the radiologist till Weds. So yeah he should know exactly whats going on below the neck by lunch time on Weds. The brain MRI he will have the full results on Thursday. I am going to make an educated guess I will have a meeting face to face on Friday morning to decide the next plan of attack. I am 100% confident it has spread, and I have been very very positive during this entire process. Although I am clean, I was wishing i lived in a medical marijuana state to try and alleviate some pain and discomfort without opiates. Yes it is easy to get, but how states like Colorado and California have things setup I could walk in the front door, say I have cancer, these are my symptoms and they have something tailored to what may help me =)

Newbie Top User
    Sorry custie, my cancer has mainly been a pain in the neck , I did not know that yours was giving you that much discomfort
    Dan
    57 year old male, Diagnosed Nov. 9,2007 with NSCLC IV with Mets to the lymph's and brain and now my pancreas (9/1/11)
    Had full brain radiation treatment in Jan 08 treatments now every 3 weeks with Alimta, stopped taking Lovenox for clots, working full time
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9993