A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dosage of megace for endometrial cancer stage 1 what are you taking? Please reply!

Newbie New User
    Thank you for your prayers, and I'll be praying for you too.

Experienced User

read this very important

hi everybody! You must all put your lives first before future children and etc. Don't be afraid to remove cancer. i removed cancer, kept ovaries - surgery was January 16, 2013. When I woke up after surgery, I did't think about anything else but how I want to live! All of your lives are important, you are all important and we are all in this together, don't feel like you are alone. Go to doctors, don't be scared of drugs and surgery, you MUST live and live, other issues come second! I am learning this from my experience!

Holy crap, I just realized I was diagnosed a year ago. Time flies! I have my next biopsy on the 21st so if anyone reads this, please send prayers or positive energy my way. It's always a stressful time. Hope everyone is doing great
    Married my best friend 12/10/11 :
    Hysterscopy with D&C 5/4/12
    Diagnosed with Endometrial Cancer 5/14/12
    160 mg/day of Megace (Progesterone) to see if we can stop the cancer and protect fertility
    D&C, and suspicious freckle removal 10/11/12
    10/19/12 All benign
    12/18/12- Megace decreased from 160 mg to 80
    2/7/13 Benign biopsy
    5/23/13-Benign office biopsy results!
    11/2013 Biopsy - Benign, Megace dose dropped down to 40/day
    1/2014 - My Doctors at OSU thought it would be beneficial to do another D&C to test a larger sample and the results were benign as well. The doctor suggested that I try weaning myself off of the megace in June. I have another biopsy in August, and if that goes well we can start trying for a baby!!!

Newbie New User
    Quote Originally Posted by specialmagic View Post
    I called my oncologist today because my biopsy was September 21, 2012; I have both Mirena and Megace 160 and it is working!!! I am 185 pounds now, I lost 25 pounds from last November 23 when I found out I was sick. Diet - i eat mostly salads, meat once a week, no soy and i exercise every day. Drug is making me sick and i am also taking Metformin. Guys, don't lose hope, lets fight, lets serve example for others after us. It works, I was on mirena for 6 months, it stopped working, then my doctor added megace for 3 months, total 9 months and it is working. I am afraid to believe in miracle but IT IS WORKING!!! I just want to have a child - I am 35, no prior children and then they can cut anything they want!!! Please guys keep me in your prayers and you are all in my prayers as well, for we are fighting for the same - to live and to have children!!!!
    Hello... I know this was years ago. But I was wondering if you could tell me what happen next. I'm going through the same thing. I'm so afraid. I do hope everything went well for you. I hope that you were able to have a baby and all the great things in life. You said to never give up... but that's easier said then done. I'm so afraid because it's hard to believe that good things can happen... especially when bad things come my way.
    If you could please update us. Thanks

Hi BerryCupCake,

The poster was last online in 2014 so it is not likely you will get a response. I welcome and encourage you to start your own thread and you may get responses from other current members. However I am closing this thread as it is old.

Jodie
    Wife to husband with squamous lung cancer stage 3 b
    dx - April 20/14
    tx started May 20/14 - radiation and chemo
    June 23 - chemo finished
    July 4 - radiation finished
    July 8 - PET scan shows tumor almost gone, lymph nodes back to normal
    Married July 19/14
    Sept 9/14 - repeat can shows tumor continues to shrink more, no new spots. New coughing and pain due to chest infection or side effect of radiation.
    Sept 19/14 - not infection but pneumonitis, place on dex for 4 weeks
    Oct 22/14 - now off of dex and facing even more symptoms of withdrawal
    Dec 16/14 - pretty much nothing left but a scar
    April 7/15 - ditto scan and screw you stats
    Oct 6/15 - more scarring but still cancer still gone
    Feb 2016 -scan the same
    Aug 2016 - more of the same
    Aug 2017 - and ditto
    Aug 2018 - 4 yrs NED - no evidence of disease
    Aug 2019 - 5 yrs NED and discharged from cancer clinic!!!!!

Newbie New User
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin29 View Post
    Hi,

I saw your post and had to reply because there is not much information about successful pregnancy after being diagnosed with this cancer. I was diagnosed June 2011 with grade 1 endometrial cancer. I was diagnosed after I had a surgery to remove polyps. I immediatly started megace in hopes to keep my uterus and have a family. After only 60 days on megace, I had a biopsy and it came back clear. I IMMEDIATLY started IVF...my eggs were retrieved successfully. My first round of IVF failed, and I went into a second round the next month. I now have a beautiful baby girl and and a very healthy pregnancy. I am back on megace again, and will go for another round of IVF very soon. I will then get a hysterectomy.

I am currently on 40 mg of megace. I find this VERY difficult to be on. Mood swings and weight gain. When I was first diagnosed I was on a double dose. I would rather be pregnant than on megace!

I was diagnosed when I was 31 and newly married. It was heartbreaking especially when I was told to get a hysterectomy immediatly. I just wanted to let you know if things work out ok, you can have a baby. It was worth everything!!!!!!
    Oh wow. This just made me happy. I've been looking for months for a successful story about what food could this med do. I'm happy that you were able to have a baby girl. This gives me a lil to keep fighting. It's hard dealing with endometrial hyperplasia complex atypia. I've been on Megestrol 40mg for 3 months. It didn't get worst but it stayed the same. So now I have to take 120mg a day. I'm scared of the side effects but I just wanna clear this up. I'm 31 yrs old with no kids. I'm so lost at times. It has made me gain 10 pounds in 3 months but now since the dose is higher I started eating healthier.
    Anyway I do hope you could update me in your success. Thank you so much for sharing your story. It was well needed.

Newbie New User
    Oh wow. This just made me happy. I've been looking for months for a successful story about what food could this med do. I'm happy that you were able to have a baby girl. This gives me a lil to keep fighting. It's hard dealing with endometrial hyperplasia complex atypia. I've been on Megestrol 40mg for 3 months. It didn't get worst but it stayed the same. So now I have to take 120mg a day. I'm scared of the side effects but I just wanna clear this up. I'm 31 yrs old with no kids. I'm so lost at times. It has made me gain 10 pounds in 3 months but now since the dose is higher I started eating healthier.
    Anyway I do hope you could update me in your success. Thank you so much for sharing your story. It was well needed.