A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Am I reading into this too much?

Newbie New User

Am I reading into this too much?

Hi I was wondering if someone could ease my mind.

I have a 7yo son and the past few weeks he has not been himself. I feel like I live in the doctors as it is so I just want some advice really.

Here are his symptoms

Sleeping a lot but still constantly tired, looking withdrawn and huge bags under his eyes.

Feverish, he doesn't seem to be able to control his own temp, he is either burning hot and freezing cold.

headaches

and more recently bruising and vomiting. Out of 10 school days he has only been in 6. I know this may not seem much but he was a child who was never ill, he loves school and still goes in but then vomits everywhere and gets sent home again. No-one else in home is poorly or at school.

I think it is the bruising is the final straw for me, it is like I just look at him and he bruises atm.

Am I just over reacting?

Thanks in advance

Mumford

Administrator Top User ChemoMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi Mumford

No you are not over reacting. Your son does sound sick and any parent would be as concerned as you are. Don't give up, keep plugging away until you get some answers as to why your son is feeling so ill. My heart goes out to you, I hope you get those answers soon. In the meantime we are here 24/7 if you want someone to walk with you.

Good luck
    Age 62
    Diffuse Large B cell Lymphoma
    Stage 2a Bulky presentation
    Finished six cycles of R chop 21 26th May 2008
    Officially in remission 9th July 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 1st October 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 17th June 2009
    Remission reconfirmed 7th June 2010
    Remission reconfirmed 6th July 2011

NED AND DECLARED CURED on the 2/01/2013

No more scheduled visits to the Prof
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9620

Still alive in 2019 !

RULE NUMBER 1.....Don't Panic
    RULE NUMBER 2..... Don't forget rule Number 1

Great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.

I may not have gone where I intended to go,
    but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Hello.
    I am a mum and grandmother and I too would be concerned, especially about the bruising.
    I hope so much though that it turns out to be nothing serious.
    Aussie, age 61
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Years of pain, bleeding, women's plumbing problems. TV ultrasound, tests, eventual hysterectomy 2007, fibroids in lining of Uterus.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011. Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.Still NED Nov 2012.
    Discharged Nov 2014.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma.

Relapse Apr 2016. AITL. Some chemos then on to allo transplant. Onc says long remission was good. Still very fixable.

SCT Aug 2016

Senior User
    Hi, I am a mother of 4 and I have come to learn to listen to my instincts. If you feel something is wrong, take him yourself to a larger hospital and insist they see him...even if you have to wait in emergency. I dont want to alarm you but there were many times over the 20 years I have been a parent when one or two local doctors have said things were fine, only to find out at a larger hospital that my child needed urgent care. I wish you all the best and that you find out it is something simple to resolve...I have always found that once we know what we are dealing with you can then focus on fixing it, so finding out is the most important part.
    Best of luck, god bless!

My 9 year old daughter had an accident at the skating rink (she was 7 atm). We were both on skates, I told her not to hold onto me but she pulled the back of my shirt and I landed HARD on her abdomen. I took her immediately to the ER. The admitting doc acted like it wasn't a big deal and she would be fine but I knew deep down something was seriously wrong.. and it was. I insisted on a CT scan and come to find out that her liver had split open in 2 areas and she was beginning to bleed internally so they had to rush us to a hospital with a trauma center. Always trust your gut. I won't say that there were times I swear something was wrong with one of my kids and it was something not so serious but I can say that has only happened 1 or 2 times out of 20-30

Good luck, my son is having a MRI done this week. Similar symptoms plus some and I am worried too :*