A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Oxycodone 30 help anyone else?

Newbie New User

Oxycodone 30 help anyone else?

What pain medication do you feel works the best im currently on oxycodone HCL 30 MG and it helps alot is anyone else on the same thing or is there anythign else that works. I have very bad pain in my back and its spreading to my bones.. I appreciate your responses.

I had terrible bone pain during chemo and even several weeks after chemo ended. I was on Oxycontin, which is slow release Oxycodone, and Vicodan, and it worked almost too well. I ended up becoming addicted to it and I am working with my doctor and an addiction therapy to finally get off of these meds. Although I was able to stop taking the Vicodan, I was up to 120 mg of Oxycontin a day, which compared to some people isn't very much, but it was a lot for me. My therapist says that about 10% of the population with develop an addiction to meds (and/or alcohol). You need to weigh the pluses and minuses of using pain medication, and use it as a last resort. I'm now getting massages and acupuncture to deal with my pain, although it's been a year since my chemo ended. I found some homeopathic medications that help a little too. I'm also using meditation. I know that sometimes the bone pain can be so bad that you don't think you can tolerate it. If you are at that point, I would recommend adding massage therapy and acupuncture treatments weekly, so that your dosage doesn't get any higher. It will be much easier to stop taking the medications at a later date. If you are interested, I've compiled a list of things that I can do to help deal with the pain. I'd be happy to share it if you think it would help.

Oxycontin is stronger then Oxycodone. I got terrible bone pain from nuepogen shots. Oxycodone worked but Oxycontin just dissolved it. Hydromorphone is good to. Maybe try parachuting pills.
    -Nodular Sclerosis Hodgkin Lymphoma Stage 2 Bulky (2010)
    -ABVD x4
    -Radiation @ 1500GY
    -*Remission* (December 2011)
    -*Relapse* Nodular Sclerosis Hodgkin Lymphoma Stage 2 No bulky (June 2012)
    -ICE x2 (Failed 100%)
    -DHAP ( German Chemo) x2
    -PET= NED 100% Clear
    -Auto SCT with (Carmustine,Cisplatin,Etoposide)
    -Remission + waiting for some small amounts of follow up radiation.