A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Mesothelioma Diagnosis Methods

Newbie New User

Mesothelioma Diagnosis Methods

Medical history and physical exam
    If you have any signs or symptoms that suggest you might have mesothelioma, your doctor will want to take a complete medical history to check for symptoms and possible risk factors, especially about asbestos. You will also be asked about your general health, and the doctor will do a physical exam. The exam can help tell if you have fluid in the chest, belly, or around the heart. This fluid can be a sign of mesothelioma.
    If symptoms or the results of the exam suggest you might have mesothelioma, tests will be needed to make sure. These might include imaging tests, blood tests, and other tests.

Imaging tests
    These tests allow the doctor to see pictures of the inside of your body. They might be done for a number of reasons, such as to help find an area that might be cancer, to learn how far cancer has spread, and to see if treatment is working.

More Infomation, please read LINK REMOVED AS PER FORUM POLICY
    Last edited by Didee; 09-10-2012 at 05:43 AM. Reason: PLEASE READ THE RULES AND COMPLY

Hello. Please tell us about yourself and /or your loved one who has this.
    Aussie, age 61
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Years of pain, bleeding, women's plumbing problems. TV ultrasound, tests, eventual hysterectomy 2007, fibroids in lining of Uterus.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011. Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.Still NED Nov 2012.
    Discharged Nov 2014.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma.

Relapse Apr 2016. AITL. Some chemos then on to allo transplant. Onc says long remission was good. Still very fixable.

SCT Aug 2016

Newbie New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Didee View Post
    Hello. Please tell us about yourself and /or your loved one who has this.
    I found out I had Meso because of a blood clot. I'm young (27) and had a pain in my neck with a TON of swelling. Went to the hospital several times until they realized it was a blood clot in my jugular. At the same time my lungs began to collect fluid (Chyle). I was in the hospital for three months and during the second exploratory surgery in my lungs is when they found the questionable looking spots. The staining proved it.