A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Life Insurance?

Life Insurance?

Not to be morbid, but can you get life insurance of any type when the possibility of cancer exists? Or with a strong family history of cancer in two primary relatives.

thanks for any replies.

Kate

Well, that all depends on the Insurance company itself. Not all insurance companies have the same underwriting guidelines.

I don't know of any companies that have knock out questions based on a family history of cancer. Some do if you personally have already had cancer.

Often time the questions will be worded as such:

"Have you, or anyone to be covered by this policy, been diagnoised with a form of cancer in the last # months." (# = again this varies depending on the insurance company.)

If you just have a family history, you shouldn't have any problem finding life coverage.

Hope this helps,

SFTC
    -----------------------------------------------
    http://www.SearchingForTheCure.org

Re: Life Insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by KD
    Not to be morbid, but can you get life insurance of any type when the possibility of cancer exists? Or with a strong family history of cancer in two primary relatives.

thanks for any replies.

Kate
    I recently visited this site ( http://www.insurance-quote-free.com ) I got from an insurance forum..
    Check this out if you need insurance.
    You can really save a lot with their cheap insurance.
    They also offer free insurance quote online.

You may find some insurance companies that don't even ask about a history of cancer in your family, they may simply ask if you currently have or have ever been diagnoised with cancer.

Otherwise, with the wording "possibility" of cancer; the possibility exists for us all. I don't think you'll find an insurer that asks in this way.

Just remember, ever company has different rules and guidelines. Pretty much anybody can get life insurance, but there may just be a higher premium.

Hope this answers your question.
    http://www.SearchingForTheCure.org

Newbie New User
    I guess most of people go with life insurance plans as they consider these plans to be good investment. I also have been making my investment portfolio
    Last edited by lisa1962; 12-06-2018 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Link removed per forum policy

Administrator Top User lisa1962's Avatar
    This thread is over 12 years old. Closing thread to avoid confusion