A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hematoma after surgery

Newbie New User
    I had surgery last November and developed a large hematoma. I was half way through chemotherapy when my breast care nurse saw me to measure me for a prosthesis. She was quite surprised at how large and hard the swelling was. I had an ultrasound scan which confirmed it was solidified blood; she contacted my oncologist who said it might be best to have an operation to remove it, after chemo and before I started radiotherapy. Anyway the good news is, towards the end of May I started feeling flatter. I didn't know if it was my imagination but I had another scan and the hematoma had reduced considerably. The surgeon said it's obviously been absorbed by my body, I don't need surgery to remove it and I should expect things to improve more over time. I never thought such a solid lump would shift of its own accord but it did, even though it took a few months.

Newbie New User
    This post was long time ago, I hope you're ok now.
    And I wish I would have seen this post sooner
    We can't avoid totally falling or crashing that cause hematoma, it looks terrible and annoying, it brings the pain and inconvenience for us in daily activities.
    However, there are some home remedies that treats hemetoma effectively that I would love to share to you:
    1. Roll a hot egg:
    I have watched many people use this simple method to get rid of hematoma (even on the movies as well). Hot boiled egg can treat hematoma very well.

2. Cabbage leaves:
    Squeeze the cabbage leave to get the juice and apply it on your bruise area. This is one of the greatest remedies for hematoma.

3. Zinc and Vitamin C:
    They all help increase the healthy cells and dissolve bruising blood, which help heal the wound faster.

Source: https://authorityremedies.com/how-to-treat-a-hematoma/

Administrator Top User ChemoMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Annstock View Post
    This post was long time ago, I hope you're ok now.
    And I wish I would have seen this post sooner
    We can't avoid totally falling or crashing that cause hematoma, it looks terrible and annoying, it brings the pain and inconvenience for us in daily activities.
    However, there are some home remedies that treats hemetoma effectively that I would love to share to you:
    1. Roll a hot egg:
    I have watched many people use this simple method to get rid of hematoma (even on the movies as well). Hot boiled egg can treat hematoma very well.

2. Cabbage leaves:
    Squeeze the cabbage leave to get the juice and apply it on your bruise area. This is one of the greatest remedies for hematoma.

3. Zinc and Vitamin C:
    They all help increase the healthy cells and dissolve bruising blood, which help heal the wound faster.

Source: https://authorityremedies.com/how-to-treat-a-hematoma/
    Hi

Generally in online forums it is considered bad form to reply to old threads. It even has a name...necromancing ( raising dead threads to life ) Please cease doing this !

The purpose of this forum is to enable cancer patients and their carers to support each other through the cancer journey. So please could you post your story in the appropriate forum. If you have no personal connection with cancer then I would suggest this is not the forum for you.

Thank you
    Age 60
    Diffuse Large B cell Lymphoma
    Stage 2a
    Finished six cycles of R chop 21 26th May 2008
    Officially in remission 9th July 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 1st October 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 17th June 2009
    Remission reconfirmed 7th June 2010
    Remission reconfirmed 6th July 2011

NED AND DECLARED CURED on the 2/01/2013

No more scheduled visits to the Prof
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9620

RULE NUMBER 1.....Don't Panic
    RULE NUMBER 2..... Don't forget rule Number 1

Great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.

I may not have gone where I intended to go,
    but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.