A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Memory of Laney Sullivan

In Memory of Laney Sullivan

There are no words for how much you are missed.
    Departed this life on October 7, 2012.

Fly high, fly free dear sister!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator Top User DebbieC's Avatar
    Beautiful picture of someone who sounds like she was truly a beautiful person! So sorry for your loss...and you said it right...we have that connection of losing our loved ones so closely together. I hope you find comfort like I do that she is no longer suffering and flying high and free!
    March 21, 2011 - Dad diagnosed. Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma on head of pancreas.
    April 2011 - Gemcitabine and radiation for a total of 12 weeks.
    October 14, 2011 - Successful Whipple procedure. Cancer free! Best 5 months of my life!!!
    March 2, 2012 - CT scan and discovery of possible mets to both lungs.
    March 23, 2012 - Biopsy confirmed recurrence.
    May 2, 2012 - Folfiri regimen started. Stopped after 2 treatments due to infection.
    June 2, 2012 - Switched to Xeloda
    Sept. 21, 2012 - No more chemo...treatment not working anymore. Now we wait and pray.
    October 6, 2012 - My dad is now at peace in Heaven, watching over us until we meet again.

♥ Forever in my heart! Miss you every day more than words can say! ♥

Beautiful tribute, and what love. She was incredibly lucky to have you & all of your support.

Laura
    Dad diagnosed with Stage IV PC with mets to liver March 4, 2011 ~ Died 11 months later, February 4, 2012.

So lovely. I can't add anything to what has already been said.
    May she RIP.
    Aussie, age 59
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Years of pain, bleeding, women's plumbing problems. TV ultrasound, tests, eventual hysterectomy 2007, fibroids in lining of Uterus.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011. Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.Still NED Nov 2012.
    Discharged Nov 2014.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma.

Relapse Apr 2016. AITL. Some chemos then on to allo or hap transplant. Onc says long remission was good. Still very fixable. All I needed to hear. I am pumped and ready. BRING IT ON

Gone From My Sight by Henry Van Dyke

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says, "There, she is gone!"

"Gone where?"

Gone from my sight, that is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and she is just as able to bear the load of living freight to her destined port. Her diminished size is in me, not in her.

And just at the moment when someone at my side says, "There, she is gone!" there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"

My beautiful sister. RIP
    Last edited by peaceseeker51; 11-25-2012 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Add content

My husband and I attended a candlelight memorial for my beloved sister last night. It was done by the Hospice that took care of her the last month of her life. They honored all of their patients lost in 2012. I really wanted to go and felt that it would be helpful and comforting. I knew it might bring tears but I was not prepared for the depth of sorrow I felt as we walked up and lit the candle in memory of her. As I looked at the tiny flickering flame, I felt my knees go weak and my heart felt as if it would burst. It has been only four months since she departed this world and her memory is still so very fresh in my heart and my mind. At times I still think I hear her calling my name, asking for a drink of water, or medication; to be re-positioned in the bed, to hold her hand or wipe her brow. Then, my heart breaks again and again as the hard realization hits that she is gone and will never return. I miss her so much it is unbearable at times. I am happy that she is at rest and peace but I grieve for our loss. She touched so many lives. She was such a wonderful and compassionate person.

Someone sang the song, It Is Well With My Soul last night. It was beautiful and above all the grief and sorrow, I am thankful that I can say that it IS well with my soul regardless of this loss. One precious lady encouraged everyone there with these beautiful words: "Whatever is behind you and whatever is before you is nothing compared to God within you." It was the most comforting thing I've heard yet and I thanked her profusely during the reception after the memorial service.

Laney, you are not forgotten. My love for you will never waver and I look forward to the day I will see you in heaven. ♥
    Last edited by peaceseeker51; 02-11-2013 at 07:46 PM. Reason: spelling

Peaceseeker, I am glad you went to the service, it sounds like it was beautiful...and helpful for you. There is beauty in how we remember our loved ones, how we honor them and how we live our lives in their memory.

Laura
    Dad diagnosed with Stage IV PC with mets to liver March 4, 2011 ~ Died 11 months later, February 4, 2012.

You cared for your sister beautifully, Peaceseeker. I hope the service has furthered your healing process. I am going to attend mine and my mom's cousin's memorial next week (She passed from lung cancer 4 weeks post diagnosis and a week before my mom passed). The two of them grew up like sisters and I will be with my sister, aunt and cousins for the service. I pray it brings about some healing as I am very lost right now. I remember you checking in periodically after your Laney passed and how lost you felt...I so relate. I am glad that you have found some comfort and healing and wish for more for you and the same for all seeking peace on these forums. Hugs to you!
    Mom (65) diagnosed with locally advanced adenocarcinoma on May 2012
    First line of 5-fu and radiation for 5 weeks allowed cancer to get slightly worse.
    July 2012 Gemzar and Tarceva started.
    October hospitalized due to ketoacidosis and dehydration
    November scan showed pancreas tumor reduced by 47% and tumor markers coming down.
    March 2013 ct showed cancer stable, but mom repeatedly hospitalized for infections, low sodium, weakness and malnutrition.
    Mom lost her fight on March 18, 2013

Seven months today since my beloved sister departed this life. I'm trying to learn to live without her but, it is so very difficult. I just don't know what to do but hope that each day that passes brings a bit more peace. I love you Laney and I miss you more everyday. ♥