A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: stage 3

stage 3

hello guys...i got my mom's MRI this morning and all other med. documentation. it is confirmed cervical cancer-stage 3a....and tumor grade 3.....after new year she's gonna go to another hospital for radiation therapy. so wish me////HER// luck. i know it's like too ''late for her'' they say...but i belive that if we fight...maybe it is not late.......happy new year and good luck to everyone...in battle with any type of cancer.

Don't be so dour! The thing about cancer is, you can go into remission and live a normal life with late stage, and early stage cancers can get loose and kill you fairly quick. You just never know because doc's don't understand cancer as well as they'd like you to think they do. Time to concentrate on your mom and do what's best for the quality and quantity of life she wants to get out of it.

Here's a little thing about Stage 3a c-cancer http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/canc...ancer-stages#3. Glancing around, looks like radiation and chemo's the standard treatment. It sounds like they can usually get rid of it, though the hard part is keeping it gone. So positive attitude and good diet and exercise if possible might help Mom maintain some control and feel like she's doing her part.

Good luck. Waiting for treatments to start, waiting a couple months or so afterward to see if they got rid of it, waiting months between exams to make sure it hasn't come back, that's the hard part, especially for you. Go to the library and get some good books. You're going to be doing some waiting.

PS I answered the last question in your earlier thread down there. Sorry I haven't been checking back very often. Keep your chin up!
    Dxed with Stage IB2 cervical cancer by one doctor and IVB by another in 10/11. Finished six weeks of pelvic chemorad in 12/11. Lung tumor found in 10/11 dxed as IB NSCLC in 8/12. Dec. '12 scan showed clear pelvis, no growth in lung tumor and new activity in remote lymph nodes. Is it a Stage I and a Stage IV, three Stage Is, or a cured cancer with something benign going on? Lost interest and went off the reservation after a year of unsuccessfully fighting for a good biopsy.

thanks bamabelle..i don't worry,,, you are always here for me.....

hello .....i went today to mom's gync. to just ask for advice...because she has constipation..for about 3 days..and when she goes to bathroom for you know her needs ..no matter is it a or b..she can't do it...no urine..it is like small..small cup.of urine only that..i know what is going on...tumor or what ever-pressing bladder and rectum. and the doctor says...''i told you that.before..so just bring her to GAK on Tuesday..asap''..-...so that's it..that's all help from him......and GAK is clinic in sarajevo clinic for gync. and she has appointment on Tuesday....so i hope she's gonna be fine till then..,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.you now that queen song ''I'm Going Slightly Mad''

Quote Originally Posted by alvin View Post
    hello .....i went today to mom's gync. to just ask for advice...because she has constipation..for about 3 days..and when she goes to bathroom for you know her needs ..no matter is it a or b..she can't do it...no urine..it is like small..small cup.of urine only that..i know what is going on...tumor or what ever-pressing bladder and rectum. and the doctor says...''i told you that.before..so just bring her to GAK on Tuesday..asap''..-...so that's it..that's all help from him......and GAK is clinic in sarajevo clinic for gync. and she has appointment on Tuesday....so i hope she's gonna be fine till then..,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.you now that queen song ''I'm Going Slightly Mad''

Oh, I am sorry to hear that. Do you have any treatment lined up? Radiation can shrink up the tumor at least enough to relieve those problems. The imaging would have shown if it was the tumor pressing on her organs, so do you know for sure that is the case? If so, only thing I can think of in the interim is to follow a low residue-diet to keep things moving as much as possible: http://www.livestrong.com/article/26...-residue-diet/. That diet sucks for nutrition, but it's absolutely something to consider for the short term while waiting to see a doctor.
    Dxed with Stage IB2 cervical cancer by one doctor and IVB by another in 10/11. Finished six weeks of pelvic chemorad in 12/11. Lung tumor found in 10/11 dxed as IB NSCLC in 8/12. Dec. '12 scan showed clear pelvis, no growth in lung tumor and new activity in remote lymph nodes. Is it a Stage I and a Stage IV, three Stage Is, or a cured cancer with something benign going on? Lost interest and went off the reservation after a year of unsuccessfully fighting for a good biopsy.

no bama no treatment at all....we gonna go next tuesday and They will decide what treatment is best for her..and for her condition..and then they gonna start treatment......so.do you ever hear that someone ,that have stage 3 cervical was ''cured'' just from radiation therapy.

I should know whether Stage III is curable and may have read that somewhere, but I can't remember for sure and can't find an article that addresses that directly. Try Google and be sure to put that question to the most optimistic doctor you have.

I want to say cure is possible as long as it hasn't gotten outside the pelvis, but I am not positive about that. And doctors won't say it's cured until it stays away for five years. Even if they say it's not curable, though, it can stay away for a long time or forever, or they can stay on top of it and keep the patient going for a good long time.

Bottom line for right now is that treatment can alleviate symptoms and pain. Really, I don't think there's anything but radiation that can do that at this stage. I have been interested in wacko alternative medicine type nutrition and the like, but when you have a big ass tumor starting to get in the way of body functions, there's no time to experiment. I had a big tumor that was bleeding profusely, so I never thought for a second about anything but getting radiation asap to shrink it up.

hay. i'm affraid i don't have verry good news about my mom and her cancer....she is in very bad shape...today she barely stood up from wheelchair..when doc. ask her to ...you know exam her. and she ...this cheif gync. said your mom has 4b ....and not 3a....or she has 4a...but what diffrence it no matters anymore...........so i'm in deep shock...i mean i know this is gonna happen,,,but i didn't expect that....so no treatment..and for now she's not in hospital..and treatment for my mom is Palliative Care. and when that is gonna begin i don't know...to many people they said in list soo..probably next month or sooner.....and she can't go to toillet..bc. tumor is spread and......you know rest of this horor story...and bosnian fuckd up health system.......i don't know how i'm gonna go through this......

Quote Originally Posted by alvin View Post
    hay. i'm affraid i don't have verry good news about my mom and her cancer....she is in very bad shape...today she barely stood up from wheelchair..when doc. ask her to ...you know exam her. and she ...this cheif gync. said your mom has 4b ....and not 3a....or she has 4a...but what diffrence it no matters anymore...........so i'm in deep shock...i mean i know this is gonna happen,,,but i didn't expect that....so no treatment..and for now she's not in hospital..and treatment for my mom is Palliative Care. and when that is gonna begin i don't know...to many people they said in list soo..probably next month or sooner.....and she can't go to toillet..bc. tumor is spread and......you know rest of this horor story...and bosnian fuckd up health system.......i don't know how i'm gonna go through this......
    "Palliative care" means care not meant to cure and targeted at making her feel better. If she's that debilitated, they ought to be getting her into some kind of treatment ASAP. She shouldn't be suffering like that.

You said you took her for a gyne exam and they said it was 4B? An exam, as in looking at the cervix, can only say so much. You'd need imaging and biopsy results to say 4B. And that means it's big and spread out of the pelvic region.

If that diagnosis is right -- sounds like you had all the tests and have all the info to know for sure now -- it doesn't have to be the end of the world. Stage IV has a slim survival rate, but there are people who live a few to many years with that probably some out there who go into remission after treatment.

I'm sorry your mom's so sick and I am sorry it sounds like the doctors are so pessimistic and unhelpful. If you glance around the other cancer threads, you'll see that treatment can and does make late stage cancer patients live longer and extend their lives.

Take a deep breath and do what it takes to get your mom comfortable. I hope you can get radiation or chemo in the name of palliative care --they do do that in the US, and many people live decently for a while because of it.

I don't like the sound of such a hopeless diagnosis without any attempt at treatment though. Pain and antianxiety pills should be the absolute last plan of attack, not the first. I'd really want to find a doctor who can suggest treatment options if that's all her doctors want to do.

Good luck. And, remember, real life resources you and your mom can talk to face to face are leagues better than any of us strangers sharing what we know on here.

cancer..or tumor is so big doctor said ..that when she///// gync doctor//// open my mom..down there..just ''lips'' he..tumor is visible with ''naked'' eye......so he ''took'' everything down there....and biggest problem is that she can's go to toileet...i mean she go..but can't ''go''...because tumor is invaded rectum and bladder...........so that's a problem right now. and i'm trying to get her for paliative radiotherapy here in our city...but they always have some waiting lists over here.............