A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Support for Orly

Senior User

Support for Orly

I just wanted you to know that I think daily of you and I hope that you are coping. Let us know how you are doing.

Big Hug from Australia

Micklin xxx

I too am hoping that you are hanging in there! We all know how awful this time can be and I am sorry that you are smack in the path of this sadness. Sending you hugs!

Senior User
    Woah, you've just made me tear up a bit!

I had to make the tough decision today to give my father enough sedatives to become fully unconscious. Before it happened, he held my hand and told me he had enough. I told him I loved him, then I said; "I'm going to get the doctor and we'll make you sleep now." His last words to me were "thank you"

The most heartbreaking moment came later though, when he got up, said he was cured and tried to leave the bed. He was delirious though. He wasn't conscious. But it was still.... So hard........
    - Dad, 56, diagnosed with Stage IV Pancreatic Cancer August 15, 2012.
    - Dad passed away January 25, 2013 at 2:56 PM.

Im sorry Orly. That is so tough to watch.
    8/2000-Dad diagnosed with Stage 2 Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma (Chemo and Radiation)- Survivor!
    7/2006-Mom diagnosed with Stage 3 Breast Cancer (Chemo, Radiation, and Bi-Lateral Transflap Double Masectomy)- Survivor!
    6/2010-Dad diagnosed with cancer of the tonuge (Surgery to remove cancerous part of tongue)- Survivor!
    8/2011-Dad (61yo) diagnosed with rare 11-year relapse of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma (Chemo and Stem Cell Transplant)- Survivor!
    8/2012-Mom (56yo) diagnosed with Stage 3 Pancreatic Cancer isolated to pancreas (Finished 3 Folfirinox and 2 Folfox treatments; starting radiation 1/22/13; praying for shrinkage and surgery!)- Will be a SURVIVOR!

Orly you are living with a stage that I dread the most.......Please know we are still sending our prayers out to you and your Dad....{{ Hugs }}
    Oct 9,2012 Hubby's ( 65 ) ERCP, Stent put in also told might be cancer
    Oct 23,2012 ( ERCP ) diagnosed. PC on head of pancreas.
    Nov. 5,2012 Whipple at Loma Linda Hosp.... could not be finished due to heart issues
    ( 4 1/2 hours into surgery )told it's also attached to Portal Vein, now only Chemo & Radiation

1-30-13 Hubby started on his radiation and Pill Chemo ( Xeloda 3200 mg per day ) for six weeks
    3-12-13 ( Bowel blockage) in Hospital Fluid being drained
    4-18-13 New Stent put in metal with mesh
    4-19-13 2nd round of ( Xeloda ) 2 weeks on 1 week off till ? 4000 mg per day for 6 months ( changed to 3000 )
    6-12-13 Large Hernia at surgery site/won't be repaired due to his heart condition also losing toenails ( Xeloda )
    8-9-13 Taken off all Chemo just Living Life now and Keeping him Pain Free "In God's Hands"
    REMISSION NOW PRAYING IT WILL LAST 1-10-14
    3-12-15 Cancer is Back..Now in Hospice 4-10-15
    Passed on to Heaven 4-30-2015 Till you Hold me again...XOXO

Senior User
    Orly I am so sorry that you have to go through this. But your Dad will be so much better off now that he is fully sedated. Just be prepared though that it can now go fairly quickly, especially if your Dad has said that he has had enough and has given up the will to fight.

I think you have just given your Dad the most incredible gift......peace and no more pain.

Hang in there, you will come out the other side just like we all do and like we all have to.

Big Hugs from me here in very hot Australia

Micklin xxx

Orly don't be sad or worried about doing the right thing. The right thing is to think what your dad would want and you have done that. I hope when the time comes my little posse will be able to do the same for me love and positive thoughts channelling your way from Oz. Vicki
    Diagnosed March 2012 non operable Pan Can with mets to liver and adrenal glands. Otherwise quite well. Started Gemzar in April did several rounds Then had scan in July showing no good results tumour imploding and mets had advanced. xeloda tablets were started with good results first scan came back with shrinkage every where not a lot but encouraging. Dec scan showed liver mets returned and gained in size Folfox started January 8 2013 Dr proposed 4 rounds then a scan. Completed 4 rounds scan results not so good pancreas tumour stable and 2 spots on liver also ok but small increase in size of 3 liver spot and more spots forming biloma a formed in liver. doctors describe me as asymptomatic. Currently on chemo break until further notice.

Banned Senior User
    Orly:

I followed your posts since I joined this forum. I know how much you love your dad, and how painful and devastating your situation is. I lost my Mom to this monster cancer, and there are no words to express the heartbreak that comes with such loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay strong!

So sorry about the latest decision. Prayers are coming your way for peace for you and your family.
    BobbyJo

Husband Diagnosed "Borderline Resectable" pancreatic adenocarcinoma January 2012. Chemotherapy for six months. Successful Whipple August 2012 with clean margins, 3 out of 12 nodes positive. Post Whipple Chemo/Radiation for 5.5 weeks ended Dec. 2012. NED for 2.5 years with great quality of life. Lung spots identified and removed Nov 2014. Low Dose Chemo kept lung spots at bay for quite a while, then pleural efflusion started. Husband died peacefully at home on January 14, 2017 after electing no more chemo. He lived a few days over 5 years from diagnosis. "If love could have kept you alive, you would have lived forever."