A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Ovarian Cancer Stage 3C

Newbie New User

Ovarian Cancer Stage 3C

My Mom was diagnosed with Ovrian Cancer Stage 3 C please let me know if there is anyone out there who's mother, grand mother, sister or friend has this cancer and would like to know what we went through so that our story cand prepare you....Mom was diagnosed in 2006 and passed away November 2012

My mother has this cancer, stage 3, I know she will make it.

Newbie New User
    Runette- My mom was diagnosed with stage 3C cancer in December and is now chemo. She is coming up on her 5th treatment and has had to cancel twice because her white blood cell counts were too low. I would like to hear your story and any insight you can provide. Thanks.

Newbie New User
    Hello, my mum's had two sessions of chemo therapy so far. Her oncologist has her take an injection called Recombinant Human G-CSF every day for five days, starting a few days after each chemo session, and that helps to boost her white blood cell count significantly. I don't know if your mum's been having those injections too. If not, perhaps you could mention them to your oncologist?

Newbie New User
    ajcpk- No, my mom has not had that injection nor has it been mentioned. We will definitely speak to the oncologist, her next chemo treatment is Tuesday. Thank you for letting me know, any info very much appreciated.

It is also known as Neulasta in other countries. I had a shot (self administered) 24hrs after each chemo.
    Aussie, age 61
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Years of pain, bleeding, women's plumbing problems. TV ultrasound, tests, eventual hysterectomy 2007, fibroids in lining of Uterus.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011. Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.Still NED Nov 2012.
    Discharged Nov 2014.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma.

Relapse Apr 2016. AITL. Some chemos then on to allo transplant. Onc says long remission was good. Still very fixable.

SCT Aug 2016

Newbie New User
    That's sad. In so many cases Ovarian Cancer is treatable at an early stage and prevention is cure, however, in some cases that if the person has no symptoms that's pretty hard to detect unless you undergo some test. In my case, right after my surgery my ob advise me to take a 3 shot for anti-cervix cancer. I had my 1st shot last April 15, and the second one will be on June.

Newbie New User

I was diagnosed with 3-C in 2009

Quote Originally Posted by runette View Post
    My Mom was diagnosed with Ovrian Cancer Stage 3 C please let me know if there is anyone out there who's mother, grand mother, sister or friend has this cancer and would like to know what we went through so that our story cand prepare you....Mom was diagnosed in 2006 and passed away November 2012
    I was diagnosed with 3-C ovarian cancer in 2009. I am doing well at this time. Have faith in God and your doctors and look at options. I have been doing holistic medicine along with conventional and see success. I eat no sugars and no grains. Good luck!