A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: pls heeelp!!my ribs hurt so bad i think its bone cancer!

Newbie New User

pls heeelp!!my ribs hurt so bad i think its bone cancer!

hello everyone and sorry for my bad english because i am greek!the last 4 months i am desperate!!my ribs hurt sooo bad..i cant move right or left i cant take a deep breath!i heve been to doctors who prescribed me muscle relaxants and antiflammatory drags,i was ok when i was taking them but after this pain returned!i had ex rays taken all over my ribs.im afraid it is bone cancer..oh my god am i dying??pls help me!i dont know what to do..this week i will go for an mri too!if it was cancer would x rays show up any abnormalities??as usual doctors do not talk too much,do not explain anything...today iam crying all day....pls i would like any answers!!im 23 years old female!

Hello. Did the xrays show anything? Good luck with the MRI and I hope it shows that you do not have cancer.
    We can be of no help to you guessing what may or may not happen but good luck and we will be here for you should you be diagnosed with a cancer. Stay off the net trying to self diagnose. It can make people think they are seriously ill and dying when most often there is something far less serious wrong.
    Please let us know how you go.
    Aussie, age 61
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Years of pain, bleeding, women's plumbing problems. TV ultrasound, tests, eventual hysterectomy 2007, fibroids in lining of Uterus.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011. Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.Still NED Nov 2012.
    Discharged Nov 2014.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma.

Relapse Apr 2016. AITL. Some chemos then on to allo transplant. Onc says long remission was good. Still very fixable.

SCT Aug 2016

Newbie New User
    no xrays didnt show anything thats why i am asking...do x rays always show up tumors?

All we can tell you is to see your doc and keep pushing for answers if you are not satisfied.
    We cant tell what is wrong with you, how can we? It is silly to think so.
    You would have just as much luck asking people on the street who you are walking past. This is a forum for those with cancer and those who love and care for them.
    Should you be diagnosed with a cancer we will be here every step of the way with you.
    Aussie, age 61
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Years of pain, bleeding, women's plumbing problems. TV ultrasound, tests, eventual hysterectomy 2007, fibroids in lining of Uterus.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011. Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.Still NED Nov 2012.
    Discharged Nov 2014.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma.

Relapse Apr 2016. AITL. Some chemos then on to allo transplant. Onc says long remission was good. Still very fixable.

SCT Aug 2016