A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: after treatment problem years later

after treatment problem years later

Hi, when I was six years old I had a rhabdomyosarcoma in my right eye and was treated with a year and a half of chemo and six months facial radiation. I lost all of my hair and eyebrows during that. In the following years I would grow all of that back except the eyebrow above my right eye.
    I'm about to turn 19 now and it's always been something that people have pointed out and it's been a bit of a hassle.

Is there anything I can do that would stimulate hair growth in that region? Is there a certain type of doctor I should see about it? Any help or opinion on the matter would mean a lot.

Hello. I am sorry but I really have no idea. You can always draw one on but I know that isn't the same.
    The only thing I can suggest is getting in touch with an organisation that deals with your type of cancer and ask them.

I found this
    http://www.wisegeek.net/what-are-eyebrow-implants.htm

Eyebrow implants, also known as eyebrow transplants, are an option available for people who cannot grow or have permanently lost their eyebrows. The procedure is often used for individuals who've experienced trauma or have medical conditions that prevent them from having a full set of eyebrows. The concept of eyebrow implants is similar to the transplanting of hair follicles on the head. Hairs are generally grafted from the area behind the patient's ears and then implanted where the eyebrows should be. Since the entire follicle is transplanted, the hairs will continue to grow just like the patient's natural eyebrows would have had they not been damaged.

Good luck.
    Aussie, age 61
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Years of pain, bleeding, women's plumbing problems. TV ultrasound, tests, eventual hysterectomy 2007, fibroids in lining of Uterus.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011. Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.Still NED Nov 2012.
    Discharged Nov 2014.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma.

Relapse Apr 2016. AITL. Some chemos then on to allo transplant. Onc says long remission was good. Still very fixable.

SCT Aug 2016