A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: worried to soon maybe!!

worried to soon maybe!!

i all hope this finds everyone doing ok
    I am new here and this is my first post so apologies if it is not the suitible place for me to ask questions. I just wanted really some advice on if im worrying too soon.
    I am a 33 year old mother of 3 and have no history of cancer in the close family that i know of. For about 8 months i have had little symptoms that i never had been to concerned with. Bloating. Heartburn like symptoms and aches and pains over the months i seem to have a whole array of little what seem like harmless symptoms but when put together led me to get an appoinyment with my doctor. That and i just had a feeling something is not right. I can not explain it but something feels wrong. My symptoms now are bloating this seems to be an almost constant thing (which is not fun) and i have a nasty dragging sensation down the front of my thigh (feels like someone is pulling on my veins) this cones and goes but can be pretty painful. I seem to have a regular if not constant backache, my periods are regular but around the time or just after the bloating began i did notive the shortened from about five days to just two.(i just assumed this was just getting older my doctor said stress maybe) well i went to the doctors with all these symptoms and told himi had taken windease to help with pains and pressure in stomach and my main concern was the dragging in my thighs. He felt my abdomen and checked my legs for movement and took a look and asked me to do some.movement of my lower back. He said he would get me to have some blood tests general stuff and he wrote esr which i know to be a settlement rate test (i am studying medical science) for inflamation and also a ca125 which i know to be a cancer marker test. When i asked him why he is asking for that test he just said he couldnt feel anything but as i said bloating was a symptom he should request it. I am of course happy he has if not nervous as to why but do you think that really is the case is he just being on the safe side of would he need.more than a symptom of bloating to have requested that. I have to wait a week for the test and then another week for any results and i am worrying now. Thaks all and sorry for errors in grammer and typos this is a phone i can not seem to get the hang of :-O
    thanks x

Hello. I am sorry that you are having these concerns.
    This time of tests and waiting is horrendous and we can all certainly relate to that.
    Good luck, please keep us updated and I hope that we can do the happy dance for you when the answers are in..that you do not have cancer.

Should you get a cancer diagnosis we will be here for you.

Good luck and best wishes.
    Aussie, age 61
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Years of pain, bleeding, women's plumbing problems. TV ultrasound, tests, eventual hysterectomy 2007, fibroids in lining of Uterus.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011. Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.Still NED Nov 2012.
    Discharged Nov 2014.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma.

Relapse Apr 2016. AITL. Some chemos then on to allo transplant. Onc says long remission was good. Still very fixable.

SCT Aug 2016