A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Worried about possible cancer? How bout REALLY REALLY REALLY Worried.

Newbie New User

Worried about possible cancer? How bout REALLY REALLY REALLY Worried.

Hey. I don't know if this is even the right place to post this, or if I have any right at all to post here, but... here goes nothing. I am a nineteen year old who has been dealing with symptoms including ideopathic hypertension, tremors, chest pain, rapid pounding heart rate, SEVERE sudden onset headaches, etc. since I was sixteen and possibly before that. I went through all the cardiac tests and they all came back normal. I went through all the pulmonary tests and they all came back normal. I went through physical therapy and was told that my pain was not solvable by PT. I had tried seemingly everything. Finally I discovered a rare type of tumor on the internet. Pheochromocytoma. It fit all my symptoms to a T and made for a perfectly plausible explanation. I am now awaiting the results of a 24 hour urine collection that might tell me if the problem really is Pheo. Until then I am stuck worrying about whether or not I have this rare type of tumor and whether or not this tumor might be malignant or have metastasized in the years that I had been experiencing the symptoms. I don't really know what I am asking. I just felt the need to vent.

Hello and welcome.
    Sorry to hear of your worry, but maybe just possib ly your over reacting and looking for something, anything that fits your symptoms or perceived symptoms.
    Reason I say this is, you've had long term symptoms, over 3 years I guess from what you say.
    If and it's a darn big IF you had any form of camcer for this length of time, I assure you, YOU would know about it.

You've now convinced yourself after Internet research that you have this rare cancer, in fact you state "this tumor" so your convinced you have it.
    Why bother with a doctor if you can diagnose yourself.
    Apologies for being blunt, but every test you have had has been negative and you are still convinced.

Dr. Google is incapable and I mean incapable of giving a diagnosis as whatever search criteria you put in will come up with cancer, cancer, cancer or even green monkey disease if your lucky.

I'd suggest stay off self diagnosis, stay off Internet research, trust your doctors and the results so far.
    Your far to young to worry yourself into an early grave.
    Go and talk to your doctor regarding your mental anguish as in this state of mind, every little ache, pain, headache etc becomes magnified 10 fold.
    Finally it seems that as every test result has been negative, accept that not every test can be wrong therefore the chance at 19 of your having some rare cancer that you think fits what you see as your symptoms is remote.
    Take a look at some of the posts on here, of people literally fighting for their lives with a disease they have been Diagnosed with and then ask yourself what am I so worried about.
    Go and see your doctor, you have a life to live, so get the anxiety out of your mind, see your odd and live the life that God gave you.
    Barry
    Diagnosed stage 3 March 011
    Radical resection April 011
    Restaged 2b April 011.
    12/09 Colonoscopy clear but picked up hospital infection.
    Aorta & femoral arteries occluded.
    Clot buster drugs put me in ICU with internal bleeding. 9 blood units later they got it under control.
    Aortobifemoral surgery 5th May. yughh.
    PET scan indicates clear
    DEXA bone scan clear
    13/5 CT showed "unknown" but no concern from docs.
    Inguinal lymph nodes and severe groin pain.
    Ultrasound and MRI show no nasties. Pheww
    Groin pain and enlarged lymph nodes still there.
    October -still the same pains but under semi control.
    Additional chest CT scan ordered for 11th November prior to surgery.
    Sinus surgery done and dusted.
    July 2014 PSA at 5.10. 2months of antibiotics in case of UTI, jan 2015 PSA at 7.20, 23/08 now 8.2.
    Prostate Cancer confirmed Gleason 3+4.
    Active surveillance ceased and intervention recommended.
    PET CT Aug 2017 indicated lung nodule changes
    CT Guided biopsy 07/09 to be done.
    Just a little recurrence and another 20 cm of colon vanished under the knife.

Not all's rosy in the garden, but see following.
    Stop grumbling Baz, your still alive and kicking so far.
    Age and illness doesn't define who we are, but more what we are able to do.
    Motto
    Do what I love doing, when I can until I can't.
    and dodging bullets in the meanwhile, too many bullets at moment.