A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a few alternative methods

a few alternative methods

So now that my mother has to have her leg amputated due to her stage four sarcoma, I am trying harder to look for other ways to possibly cure her because the chemo is making her worse. I decided to share what ive come across to possibly help you guys too.

1) The gerson therapy seems to be a really great therapy that has worked for 70 years with data to support it. I just bought the book. You can find it on amazon, you can also do research on it. It is the most difficult having to juice 13 times a day (i just started reading it), but its been known to be the most effective against terminal illnesses (not just cancer). Anyone intrested in alternative medicine LOOK INTO IT. Check out the book reviews on amazon for 300+ personal experiences from it. Mostly all five star ratings!

2) I made a visit to the local health food store and the gal in there seemed to know so much about ways to naturally heal cancer. They also have a juicing bar. These are the ingredients and herbs they use and are supposed to heal it:
    1. echinacea (one of the main ingredients they put in the juice, you can get the tea form which is what i did suggested one cup a day
    2. astragalus root ( you can get the tea one cup a day or the capsules)
    3. graviola caps (twice a day)
    4.pau d' arco (you can get in tea form 3 cups a day ;some have reported their cancer dissappeared after drinking this a few times a day)
    5. the herb papa (didnt purchase because i got the graviola but graviola caps were forty bucks a bottle so papa is the cheaper route)
    6. She said that vitamin d is crucial to cancer patients so she handed me a natural capsule form of "super d-3 4000 iu" which is taken once a day

Im sure there are more, but those were the main ones she suggested for cancer. Go to your local health food store and they will inform you on what they know which seemed to be alot. Not everyones situation is the same so they might suggest something different. GIVE IT A SHOT. Im sure you can find these things online too.

3) Im sure people have mixed feelings about medical marijuana but they are finding more and more cases of cancer being healed from it. Also helps tremendously with appetite. AND NO SIDE EFFECTS! So if you guys are interested look into that too. Do alot of research yourself! Get educated!

We are trying everything! Im tired of seeing the horrible effects of chemo. Its not a way to live life dying or not. My mom has declined drastically since she started it back in april. WIsh you all the best of luck. One way or another we all need to beat this horrible illness!

Administrator Top User ChemoMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi BWF

While I believe your intentions are good by advocating alternative therapies you are stepping out side of the guidelines for this forum. You can read them here :
    http://www.cancerforums.net/threads/...rum-Guidelines

As far as gerson protocol is concerned here is what the ACS say

Available scientific evidence does not support claims that Gerson therapy is effective in treating cancer, and the principles behind it are not widely accepted by the scientific and medical communities. It is not approved for use in the United States. Gerson therapy can be dangerous. Coffee enemas have been associated with serious infections, dehydration, constipation, colitis (inflammation of the colon), electrolyte imbalances, and even death.
    You can read more here: http://www.cancer.org/treatment/trea...gerson-therapy

Re cannabis it is used for nausea and stimulating appetite in people who are having chemo it works OK for cachexia and stimulating appetite but for nausea its not really that good, There is no evidence what so ever that it can cure cancer. Cancer kills stoners and at the same rate it kills non users.

I think you have underestimated how bad cancer is. I draw this conclusion from the fact you blame the chemo for your mothers condition and not the cancer. Most of the carers here have a very good grasp on how debilitating and destructive cancer is and direct their anger at the disease not the treatment. While I have come across this anger at chemotherapy before it none the less surprises me every time I see it.

You need to read how bad death from untreated cancer really is. Make no mistake telling people to use gerson is basically telling them to do nothing and let cancer ravage them unhindered,

Please read the following article called Chemotherapy Versus Death From Cancer

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/20...h-from-cancer/

Oh and don't get medical advice from the gal in the health shop it is definitely not in your best interest.

For discussion about 'alternative' treatments you would be better off joining an anti science website where gerson etc is discussed freely. There are thousands out there. You are of course welcome to stay but please read our policies and respect our members.
    Age 62
    Diffuse Large B cell Lymphoma
    Stage 2a Bulky presentation
    Finished six cycles of R chop 21 26th May 2008
    Officially in remission 9th July 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 1st October 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 17th June 2009
    Remission reconfirmed 7th June 2010
    Remission reconfirmed 6th July 2011

NED AND DECLARED CURED on the 2/01/2013

No more scheduled visits to the Prof
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9620

Still alive in 2019 !

RULE NUMBER 1.....Don't Panic
    RULE NUMBER 2..... Don't forget rule Number 1

Great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.

I may not have gone where I intended to go,
    but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Well said
    j

Its kind of funny because i knew that this might be a problem with this site before I read the guidelines your views are very typical in society. First of all when i posted these things for people i also stated to do their own research! I dont claim myself to be a doctor what so ever. I never said that these things will work for sure and that they should stop doing chemo. Im saying it for those who are looking for alternative methods when the chemo is not working for them or dont want to do it period. when people are desperate because they see that their loved ones or themselves are getting worse from this than it wouldnt hurt to try other methods. It is simply risk vs benefit. The choice is 100% theirs though!!

Of course the gerson therapy isnt accepted because the states make billions off of chemo! They know what they are doing. Who do you think funds the cancer society?? lol And yes i do know that cancer is bad, but i have also seen with my own two eyes how bad she has gotten since she started chemo. SHE HAS TO GET HER LEG AMPUTATED! im pretty sure we need to start trying other things. Chemo kills your immune system shes been living nothing but a life of hospital visits after hospital visits after hospital visits due to the chemo. I believe in naturally healing your body rather than taking poison. Its common sense and it shocks me that some people cant understand that. Im not saying “do nothing and let the cancer kill” obviously why I wrote the post! I have read numerous remarkable stories about the gerson therapy working for them. Whether or not it works it was JUST a suggestion plain and simple and obviously it wont work for everyone just like chemo doesnt work for everyone. But if it can save a life why not? even our oncologist said chemo will mostl likely not cure her.

"cancer kills stoners at the same rate as non smokers". FInd me some evidence to back this up lol (and not something from "scienceblog.com" hahaha that article was a joke). First of all when i say medical marijuana i dont mean just smoking it. There are different types that help with different things. Its showing that it kills tumor cells. Have you heard of cannibidoil (cbd)? Re search it. And as for the evidence there is a bunch of new scientific studies that show positive benefits from it look them up. Sadly they are being regulated. But they are out there. Its hard when its federally illegal and not funded. Jason and jaydens journey look that up while your at it. I know the guy personally and its amazing what cbd is doing for his child i wont go into detail thats on you! Once again it cant hurt its worth a try.

"Oh and don't get medical advice from the gal in the health shop it is definitely not in your best interest."

See now that sounds to me like you are telling me what to do without knowing anything about my situation. A little contradicting maybe? I was not getting medical advice from her. What about those folks that took medical advice from their doctor but now no longer are here or no longer have their loved ones?? Oh buts that’s okay because they have a degree right? Guess it sucks for them though right?. She as well was not claiming to be a doctor either. I already know that teas and herbs are very good for you. As well as vitamin d if you have cancer. She was just pointing me in the right direction to which ones. Considering tea cannot hurt you its WORTH A SHOT! I feel as though you dont give people enough credit for making their own decisions.

"For discussion about 'alternative' treatments you would be better off joining an anti science website where gerson etc is discussed freely. There are thousands out there. You are of course welcome to stay but please read our policies and respect our members. "

Anti science? you think putting nutrition in your body, restoring oxygen in your blood, flushing your body of toxins is anti science? Im sorry but i would rather not join a site that claims that that isnt science. You have to watch out for sites and who runs them. (kind of like this one) You cant base everything off the internet. . Respect the members??? how the heck did i disrespect them? did i miss something? i feel as those you are disrespecting me with the way you are coming at me because i may have said things you do not agree with.

You know i really wanted this site to work for me. Somewhere to go for comfort where people will understand. But i want no part in it if its going to be regulated so much or run by someone who seems blindly ignorant and information bias. Im trying to help people knowing that i would appreciate the same because i know what its like. I did nothing wrong! I dont care what you believe in. At the end of the day you will believe what you want to heck you may even be right thats not my problem with this. Its the fact that when you have a site thats for the people that is supposed to "help" them yet have all these regulations when its not necessary and take away suggestions that may work then it is a JOKE!. You want us to discuss cancer then tell us what we can discuss ha! I guess you should just call this site "cancerforumsforchemolovers.com." Guess i will just have to create my own without the discrimination thanks for the idea peace out and im sorry you buy into the hibbidy hoob blah The government must love you! no wait you must work for them. you a cop too? hahaha take care.

“The purpose of this forum is for members to provide information about and discuss complementary therapies in fighting cancer.” ------hahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh brother.....
    My Dads Story
    1993: Left lower lung lobectomy, benign nodule
    11/17/13: Admitted to ER with hemoptysis
    11/19/13: CT scan reveals masses on both lungs, "spots" as well
    12/2/13: Biospy results of right lung reveal adenocarcinoma
    12/5/13: Start 2 emergency radiation treatments to stop bleeding
    12/8/13: Brain CT negative for mets
    12/12/13: Start chemo?? Updates to follow....
    3/17/15: Last Avastin treatment - tumor showing growth despite chemo
    4/17/15: Significant status change - Dad no longer walking, barely eating or drinking. Still 100% cognitive. Bedridden.
    4/21/15: In-home hospice care started
    5/24/15: Dad passed away at 10:15pm

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beautiful wilted flower View Post
    Its kind of funny because i knew that this might be a problem with this site before I read the guidelines your views are very typical in society. First of all when i posted these things for people i also stated to do their own research! I dont claim myself to be a doctor what so ever. I never said that these things will work for sure and that they should stop doing chemo. Im saying it for those who are looking for alternative methods when the chemo is not working for them or dont want to do it period. when people are desperate because they see that their loved ones or themselves are getting worse from this than it wouldnt hurt to try other methods. It is simply risk vs benefit. The choice is 100% theirs though!!

Of course the gerson therapy isnt accepted because the states make billions off of chemo! They know what they are doing. Who do you think funds the cancer society?? lol And yes i do know that cancer is bad, but i have also seen with my own two eyes how bad she has gotten since she started chemo. SHE HAS TO GET HER LEG AMPUTATED! im pretty sure we need to start trying other things. Chemo kills your immune system shes been living nothing but a life of hospital visits after hospital visits after hospital visits due to the chemo. I believe in naturally healing your body rather than taking poison. Its common sense and it shocks me that some people cant understand that. Im not saying “do nothing and let the cancer kill” obviously why I wrote the post! I have read numerous remarkable stories about the gerson therapy working for them. Whether or not it works it was JUST a suggestion plain and simple and obviously it wont work for everyone just like chemo doesnt work for everyone. But if it can save a life why not? even our oncologist said chemo will mostl likely not cure her.

"cancer kills stoners at the same rate as non smokers". FInd me some evidence to back this up lol (and not something from "scienceblog.com" hahaha that article was a joke). First of all when i say medical marijuana i dont mean just smoking it. There are different types that help with different things. Its showing that it kills tumor cells. Have you heard of cannibidoil (cbd)? Re search it. And as for the evidence there is a bunch of new scientific studies that show positive benefits from it look them up. Sadly they are being regulated. But they are out there. Its hard when its federally illegal and not funded. Jason and jaydens journey look that up while your at it. I know the guy personally and its amazing what cbd is doing for his child i wont go into detail thats on you! Once again it cant hurt its worth a try.

"Oh and don't get medical advice from the gal in the health shop it is definitely not in your best interest."

See now that sounds to me like you are telling me what to do without knowing anything about my situation. A little contradicting maybe? I was not getting medical advice from her. What about those folks that took medical advice from their doctor but now no longer are here or no longer have their loved ones?? Oh buts that’s okay because they have a degree right? Guess it sucks for them though right?. She as well was not claiming to be a doctor either. I already know that teas and herbs are very good for you. As well as vitamin d if you have cancer. She was just pointing me in the right direction to which ones. Considering tea cannot hurt you its WORTH A SHOT! I feel as though you dont give people enough credit for making their own decisions.

"For discussion about 'alternative' treatments you would be better off joining an anti science website where gerson etc is discussed freely. There are thousands out there. You are of course welcome to stay but please read our policies and respect our members. "

Anti science? you think putting nutrition in your body, restoring oxygen in your blood, flushing your body of toxins is anti science? Im sorry but i would rather not join a site that claims that that isnt science. You have to watch out for sites and who runs them. (kind of like this one) You cant base everything off the internet. . Respect the members??? how the heck did i disrespect them? did i miss something? i feel as those you are disrespecting me with the way you are coming at me because i may have said things you do not agree with.

You know i really wanted this site to work for me. Somewhere to go for comfort where people will understand. But i want no part in it if its going to be regulated so much or run by someone who seems blindly ignorant and information bias. Im trying to help people knowing that i would appreciate the same because i know what its like. I did nothing wrong! I dont care what you believe in. At the end of the day you will believe what you want to heck you may even be right thats not my problem with this. Its the fact that when you have a site thats for the people that is supposed to "help" them yet have all these regulations when its not necessary and take away suggestions that may work then it is a JOKE!. You want us to discuss cancer then tell us what we can discuss ha! I guess you should just call this site "cancerforumsforchemolovers.com." Guess i will just have to create my own without the discrimination thanks for the idea peace out and im sorry you buy into the hibbidy hoob blah The government must love you! no wait you must work for them. you a cop too? hahaha take care.

“The purpose of this forum is for members to provide information about and discuss complementary therapies in fighting cancer.” ------hahahahahahahahahahaha
    You do realize that a couple of hours on google visiting quack websites is not "research". Anyway good luck I have a feeling you are going to need it.
    Age 62

Still alive in 2019 !

Great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.

Administrator Top User lisa1962's Avatar
    Chemoman,

I guess some do not understand the purpose and guidelines of this forum. Sometimes people are just frantic and not thinking clearly or do not understand what this horrific disease is capable of. My heart goes out to her and hope she or her mom's doctors can get this under control. I will admit that I was very angry at the doctors and what chemo did to my mom but was fully aware that even though the treatment is devastating, it is the cancer itself that one is at war with. I respect anyone who elects to undergo chemo but also respect the ones that do not.

Thank you for your up front, honest post.

Lisa

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lisa1962 View Post
    Chemoman,

I guess some do not understand the purpose and guidelines of this forum. Sometimes people are just frantic and not thinking clearly or do not understand what this horrific disease is capable of. My heart goes out to her and hope she or her mom's doctors can get this under control. I will admit that I was very angry at the doctors and what chemo did to my mom but was fully aware that even though the treatment is devastating, it is the cancer itself that one is at war with. I respect anyone who elects to undergo chemo but also respect the ones that do not.

Thank you for your up front, honest post.

Lisa
    Hi Lisa

I do understand that people can become desperate when it comes to loved ones with cancer. However to advocate treatments that do not work and have been flagged as quackery is not acceptable. We have our policies clearly spelt out in the forum guidelines and we expect our members to follow them. BWF showed complete disrespect to our members who have all chosen science based medicine as their main hope for survival. In addition she chose to argue the point despite the fact that she clearly knew what our guidelines are.

BWF has the option to visit any one of the thousands of other websites on the 'net that push alternative therapies. To come on here and argue with me when the guidelines are clear in what can be written is pointless.

Thanks for the post Lisa
    Age 62

Still alive in 2019 !

I think the question here is belief. I know I feel much more secure despite all the side effects following the medical profession. Yes it has its flaws but, it is a case of the lesser of two evils the alternative being a dirt nap. The majority (and Im not condemning anything) is MOST of these are scams with no medical proof or real statistics to prove theory and most are not monitored. They are expensive or 29.99 miracle cures that have no way to prove or disprove effectiveness. If there were a miracle cure out there that was "all natural" I would think the outpouring would be well documented. Yes drug companies make a lot of money from what they do that's called capitalism. Its like saying "If I believe hard enough I will be cured." In some cases that may be the case but in most not so much. Just my 2 cents.
    j

Blog Entries
    I think the question here is belief
    yes and no. On the alternative side it is definitely belief because that's all they have. On the Science side we have evidence in the form of thousands of studies and reams of data.

The thing that surprises me every time we get this sort of thing happening is that we are communicating via the Internet from across the globe. Does anyone need any more proof that science actually works ?

Oh by the way your 2 cents is appreciated
    Age 62

Still alive in 2019 !