A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Make a wish...

Newbie Regular User

Make a wish...

I had the best Christmas ever here in the children's hospital thanks to make a wish foundation.Thank you for making my dream come true it really was the best Christmas ever.X

Alyssa

I am so glad you had a wonderful Christmas! I was thinking of you too on Christmas day even though our 25th is the day before you in Australia.
    What was your wish, if it is not too personal to tell us?
    Last edited by Didee; 12-26-2013 at 10:41 PM.
    Aussie, age 61
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Years of pain, bleeding, women's plumbing problems. TV ultrasound, tests, eventual hysterectomy 2007, fibroids in lining of Uterus.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011. Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.Still NED Nov 2012.
    Discharged Nov 2014.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma.

Relapse Apr 2016. AITL. Some chemos then on to allo transplant. Onc says long remission was good. Still very fixable.

SCT Aug 2016

By the way, call me Di, Alyssa.
    This Childhood forum isn't very busy. Would you like me to transfer your thread to the general cancer forum?
    Aussie, age 61

Years of pain, bleeding, women's plumbing problems. TV ultrasound, tests, eventual hysterectomy 2007, fibroids in lining of Uterus.

6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Discharged Nov 2014.

Relapse Apr 2016. AITL. Some chemos then on to allo transplant. Onc says long remission was good. Still very fixable.

SCT Aug 2016

Newbie Regular User
    Hi Di,

My wish was to have the perfect Christmas with my family and I did, I couldn't have asked for anything better.I sort of forgot that I was sick for the day and forgot I was in hospital,it was such a great feeling.I woke up in the morning to a decorated room with lights and a Christmas tree,presents at the end of the bed and all of my family were there.Next my grandad,aunts,uncles and cousins who are living abroad came into the room,what a surprise(thank you make a wish).They had to be gowned up because I'm in an isolation room so I had no idea it was them until they sang one of my favourite songs-I knew it could be no one else!We had so much fun.A few of the nurses and some of the palliative care team made up a dance and sang 'santa baby',they were great.It really was the best day ever.

You live in Australia!Wow!I've never been there but it sure does look nice in the films that I've seen.I hope that you had a nice Christmas?

Alyssa.

Oh Alyssa, your wish and relatives flying in made me cry. Sooooo happy for you. What a wonderful wonderful day!

Yes I am in Australia, in New South Wales. PM me if you like and I will give you my location and you can google earth me if you like. We have a farm, rice, beef cattle, wheat and barley at times. It is summer here, so hot at times out here, usually high 30s and over 40c a fair bit too.
    Christmas day was wonderful. I didn't have my 2 sons here this year but I have another family (close friend and her adult kids who call me Mum 2)

She, her daughter, husband, 3 lids and my friend's adult son were all here and also stayed the night due to distance and us wanting more time together. A very close mate who is a farmer too near us was with us for the day.

As it is so hot we have a cold Christmas dinner. I served cold smoked turkey with cranberry sauce, prawns (shrimp to you, lol) cold smoked ham and mustard and 4 different salads. We still did plum pudding, brandy cream and custard and my friend's son made a huge tiramasou for desert too.

It was a lovely family day.

Next year it looks like my son, his wife and 4 kids will be here. I usually travel to where they live as it is easier than them coming here with their 4 kids under 10 years old but now the youngest is 3 they are traveling around more.
    Aussie, age 61

6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Discharged Nov 2014.

SCT Aug 2016

If you want to know more about Australia, check out Chemoman's on the road again (I think it is called) thread in the lounge. There are vids of his travels and he and his wife stayed here with me too a couple of days.
    Aussie, age 61

6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Discharged Nov 2014.

SCT Aug 2016