A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: 47 Years Old Glioblastoma grade 4

Super Moderator Top User
    Glad to hear the Avastin infusion went well. I don't know about increasing white blood cell count. My mother has this problem (without having cancer, she just has the white blood cell problem) and they told her there's nothing to be done about it.

The hygiene concern is probably because of the white blood cell count, I suppose.

Did the doctor say anything about his nervousness and impulsiveness? This can be caused by various drugs.

Experienced User
    The doctors told us to eat more fruits for the white blood cells.
    He had a sore throat for a couple of days but he is feeling better now.

What worries me now is that the air temperature is about 38c celsius and that causes High blood presure. Yesterday morning it was 170/100. We had to go to the emergency to get some medecine. Now it is stable.

Yesterday he was very nervous and angry. He even kicked me out from the house saying that if i dont leave he will call the police. So i had to go but i came back next morning and he was absolutely fine. He never said anything. He wasn't angry with me.
    About 7-8 years ago when he wasnt ill after consuming alcohol he was becoming exactly the same - angry, nervous, arguing with people even fist fighting.

The doctor said that it is from the GBM but i think that is his character.

it is really frustraiting and difficult. I hope he gets better because if otherwise i dont know how are we going to deal with it.........

Super Moderator Top User
    One thing that can happen is that the disease can cause people to lose control the filters in their brain that keep them from acting a certain way. For example, we have impulses sometimes that we know we shouldn't act on. Adolescents whose brains haven't fully developed will act on them, and people who are drunk might act on them, and sometimes (not always) GBM seems to disable the filters and the person will say or do things that they would not normally do.

But your father's character is the way that he has acted most of his life. What you saw yesterday was the disease, not his character.

If he's taking Keppra or Dexamethasone those can both cause anger. Often when people are taking Avastin they are tapered off the Dex.

Experienced User
    He is defo different after the last surgery and not being able to say what he wants and to understand what are people saying to him its pissing him right off.
    He had 2nd infusion on Friday and on saturday he started feeling ill. checked his body temperature and it was 39.5c. We went to see a doctor who prescribed antibiotik Zinnat 500mg 2x1. after taking 4 pills he didnt feel any better. So we had to go monday morning to the hospital again so another doctor can see him.the doctor changed the antibiotik to "Tavanic". We have taken only 2 pills so far. I hope he gets better by tomorrow evening because he is taking paracetamol or analgin every 4h for the body temp and i also cover him with stone cold wet towels which can be really uncomfortable.

Also have stopped the dex and all the spots from his body started to disapear slowly.
    Unfortunately i can't anything positive from the avastin yet. the only thing he is improving is reading but thats about it really. I guess i can't see anything because hes been ill for the last few days....

Super Moderator Top User
    I hope the illness isn't related to the Avastin. But from what you describe, it sounds like the doctors don't think it is.