A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Stage IV & Still Kicking

Stage IV & Still Kicking

I've been lurking around the forum since last July and thought I'd finally introduce myself.

I was diagnosed at the end of June 2013 with esophageal cancer mets liver. I'm being treated at Georgetown University Hospital in D.C and have been blessed with the oncologist I'm seeing in that he does clinical trial research. Given that I was prescribed palliative care I'm fairly open to what ever juju the good doctor can throw my way. I'm currently on a phase 1 clinical trial of MEDI4736 which is an immune enhancement therapy. I've been off of Folfox6 since mid Sept. and my last CT Scan showed no discernible growth. So, so far so good.

Peace,
    Mike
    June 23, 2013 diagnosed Esophageal cancer - adenocarcinoma
    June 27, 2013 meet with thoracic surgeon, find out cancer has spread to liver
    July 2, 2013 meet with oncologist
    July 9, 2013 liver biopsy and mediport installed
    July 11, 2013 start first of 5 rounds of Folfox6
    Oct. 21, 2013 start participating in MEDI4736 clinical trial

Hi

I hope your doing well

Senior User
    I am so glad that this immunotherapy is working for you. It gives hope to many other people.
    66y female, dx @43 in 1992 - DLBCL (aggressive lymphoma) CHOP x 6, rads x 20. 2007- Follicular Lymphoma (FL) grade1-2, stage 2, rads x 20. 2013 relapsed FL, grade 1-2, stage 4. R-bendamustine x 6. Finished Jan 2015. Rituxan maintenance till 2017. 11/2014 bladder cancer, surgery end of Jan 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkenney View Post
    I've been lurking around the forum since last July and thought I'd finally introduce myself.

I was diagnosed at the end of June 2013 with esophageal cancer mets liver. I'm being treated at Georgetown University Hospital in D.C and have been blessed with the oncologist I'm seeing in that he does clinical trial research. Given that I was prescribed palliative care I'm fairly open to what ever juju the good doctor can throw my way. I'm currently on a phase 1 clinical trial of MEDI4736 which is an immune enhancement therapy. I've been off of Folfox6 since mid Sept. and my last CT Scan showed no discernible growth. So, so far so good.

Peace,
    Mike

Hey there....

my friend was diagnosed march 2014... spread to the lungs. I would be very interested in hearing how you are doing now?

and woohoo on the last CT scan..... no growth!!!!! Hang in there.... and keep kicking.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain.

Please bear in mind that this thread is a year old.
    Aussie, age 61
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Years of pain, bleeding, women's plumbing problems. TV ultrasound, tests, eventual hysterectomy 2007, fibroids in lining of Uterus.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011. Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.Still NED Nov 2012.
    Discharged Nov 2014.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma.

Relapse Apr 2016. AITL. Some chemos then on to allo transplant. Onc says long remission was good. Still very fixable.

SCT Aug 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Didee View Post
    Please bear in mind that this thread is a year old.

yeah i saw that.....
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain.

Newbie New User
    How hard is it to find a place that offers immunotherapy?

Thanks.