A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Anxiety Meditations?

Newbie New User

Anxiety Meditations?

Hi, my girlfriend was just diagnosed with BC. Needless to say, she is suffering from extreme anxiety now. Her doctor put her on Citalopram (mild anti-depressant) but it isn't helping.

What do you recommend for addressing her anxiety about having BC?

I read and meditate, based off books I read. Should I recommend some meditations/breathing exercises to her? Would that help?

Please give me your advice. I am somewhat familiar with the fears she's facing because she tells me about them, but I would like to find a way to help her deal with them... How do you or did you deal with them?

Thank you ahead of time.

Newbie New User
    Anxiety is very common for people who have been diagnosed a life-threatening illness like breast cancer. Many people struggle from it especially as you may have been through several treatments which can be very stressful. To cope this anxiety, try to engage yourself doing your favorite activity or listen to a relaxing music.

Newbie New User
    You can try cottage cheese. It is known to release anxiety effectively. Potassium in its ingredients constitutes health benefits on the prevention against anxiety and strokes. It is confirmed by many research https://wikihomenutrition.com/cottag...ealth-benefits
    You can add them into her meals everyday. I hope it could be helpful.

Alice,

You have replied to two threads that are very old. It is extremely unlikely that the original posters will read your replies.

Please read our rules about alternative treatments. This website only supports scientific documentation. The website you linked to uses some legitimate scientific sources but draws very questionable conclusions from them.

Please introduce yourself and tell us what your relationship is to cancer. Both of your posts were in the breast cancer forum.

Bob
    Last edited by BobInBonita; 11-23-2016 at 05:03 AM.
    7/12 DX stage 3 pan can (adenocarcinoma) @ 65 - borderline resectable
    8/12 - 10/12 Chemo (GTX) & Stereotactic Radiation
    12/12 Whipple - R0 margins, 2/29 nodes pos.
    1/13 - 5/16 Vaccine clinical trial - randomized to control group - vaccine showed no benefit
    2/13 - 8/13 Gemzar for 6 months
    Quarterly scans - no evidence of disease to 10/14 - spot on lung being watched - possible infection 2 months on antibiotics
    3/15 - spot larger - probable met - surgery planned
    4/15 - PET prior to surg - recurrence & lung mets - Surgery cancelled - EUS w/ FNA showed adenocarcinoma - Stage 4
    5/15 - 9/15 Folfirinox @ reduced dosage - Stopped treatment after 11 infusions due to neuropathy
    10/15 - 8/16 maintenance 5-fu every other week
    8/16 - stable disease on both CT and PET/CT - chemo holiday while other treatments explored
    9/16 - lung biopsy confirms pan can met,
    10/16 -NanoKnife to pancreatic bed -PET after Nano showed new met in hilar lymph nodes - SBRT to both lung & lymph

Still open to immuno-oncology trials (vaccines or checkpoint inhibitors) if I find one I'm eligible for.

Newbie New User
    Quote Originally Posted by BobInBonita View Post
    Alice,

You have replied to two threads that are very old. It is extremely unlikely that the original posters will read your replies.

Please read our rules about alternative treatments. This website only supports scientific documentation. The website you liked to uses some legitimate scientific sources but draws very questionable conclusions from them.

Please introduce yourself and tell us what your relationship is to cancer. Both of your posts were in the breast cancer forum.

Bob
    Thanks for your note. I will notice