A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: papillary thyroid carcinoma diagnosed-now making radioactive I-131 treatment

Newbie New User

papillary thyroid carcinoma diagnosed-now making radioactive I-131 treatment

I am diagnosed with papillary thyroid carcinoma one month ago and i am now making radioactive I-131 treatment, i am a doctor myself everything is going ok, anyone who needs information please ask me, both doctors and patients opinion in one!

Hi Doc, welcome to the forum. I have moved your post to the Thyroid forum. A doc and patient in one could come in handy but sorry you have the need to seek us out.
    Best of luck with your treatment and we are here for you too.
    My best wishes to you.
    Aussie, age 59
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Years of pain, bleeding, women's plumbing problems. TV ultrasound, tests, eventual hysterectomy 2007, fibroids in lining of Uterus.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011. Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.Still NED Nov 2012.
    Discharged Nov 2014.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma.

Relapse Apr 2016. AITL. Some chemos then on to allo or hap transplant. Onc says long remission was good. Still very fixable. All I needed to hear. I am pumped and ready. BRING IT ON

Hmmmm, I have a benign adenoma, they are no problem, are they?
    See? Making use of you already, lol.
    Aussie, age 59
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Years of pain, bleeding, women's plumbing problems. TV ultrasound, tests, eventual hysterectomy 2007, fibroids in lining of Uterus.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011. Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.Still NED Nov 2012.
    Discharged Nov 2014.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma.

Relapse Apr 2016. AITL. Some chemos then on to allo or hap transplant. Onc says long remission was good. Still very fixable. All I needed to hear. I am pumped and ready. BRING IT ON

sorry about the diagnosis JF but happy to see the positive outlook! I'll bite at your patient/doctor offer. I'm waiting on an u/s FNA next Tuesday due to a nodule with calcification in it, my mom, a NP, believes it looks micro as I sent her the u/s images. Thoughts? the rest all have colloid in them (I did my research) but this is the only one with tiny white spots in it. its about 1cm in size. I'd post a photo, but I don't think we are allowed to....
    Husband's Age:44
    Feb 2014: DRE slightly abnormal, ran PSA. Came back 2.1
    Feb 2014: Biopsy revealed 2 of 14 cores with cancer, 1 core 10% 3+3, 2nd core 30% 3+3. Opt for Da Vinci surgery in March
    Mar 19, 2014: Da Vinci surgery performed in Florida by Dr. Razdan. Currently post-op with follow up appt on March 27th.
    Feb 7, 2015: PSA <0.1 Hubby is in the clear from prostate cancer with 0 complications or residual effects. Currently on 6 month PSA follow-ups
    Nov 19, 2015: Hubby's PSA remains <0.1 and has been switched to yearly follow ups!

Prettybird
    Re: benign adenoma

Here is an article about the influence of high TSH on benign thyroid nodules from The Society for Endocrinology.
    "The association between serum TSH concentration and thyroid cancer" Basically it says that high TSH might have a role in turning a benign nodule cancerous. Make sure your endocrinologist believes in keeping the TSH on the low side when a nodule is present.
    http://erc.endocrinology-journals.or...16/4/1065.full