A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: What I Need to Know About HT

Newbie New User
    This is my first post, I had the Davinci surgery, 3D radiation for 6 weeks, 4 years ago. all good for 3 years, then my PSA started to rise.

Been on the HT for 9 months, Enantone L.P 11.25mg. ( Leuprorelin ), from Japan. Now my PSA is .003, after my 3rd, three mo. shot. I am living in Thailand, retired O/O trucker from the U.S., married to my Thai Pharmacist wife.

Reading thru all of the posts looking for some relief from the hot flashes. I will ask my doctor about the anti-depressants to see what his idea is on that! I too have the belly fat gain, and the hot flashes wake me every hour or so thru the night. SD is non-existent, boys have shrunk.

I also have non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, which is in a watch and wait situation. I have a tumor that is located between the stomach and liver, and it has doubled in size since I started the HT! I am worried that the HT is causing this increase in size, and finding a Dr. here that specializes in both kinds of cancer that I have is impossible.

I get the "I don't know" answer a lot from the 2 Dr's I have now. I am in the process of switching Dr's from Bangkok Siriraj Hospital to Dr's here in the North part of Thailand, where I live.

It will be a lot easier and cheaper for me to drive to Chaing Mai from Lampang, than the flights we have had to take back and forth from Lampang to Bangkok.

I am not sure how to enter all the history, that I see in the other post's at the bottom, but I will figure it out! Rail
    Last edited by HighlanderCFH; 05-15-2018 at 04:19 AM. Reason: white space added

Moderator Top User HighlanderCFH's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum, guardrail.

The info at the bottom of our posts is called a "signature." If you look through the list of "sticky" threads at the top of the forum (near where this thread is located), you'll find one about how to create a signature.

I hope that some of our members can offer some information and insights for your situation. You'll find lots of support here.

Wishing you the best!
    Chuck
    July 2011 local PSA lab reading 6.41 (from 4.1 in 2009). Mayo Clinic PSA 9/ 2011 = 5.7.
    Local uro DRE revealed significant BPH, no lumps.
    PCa Dx Aug. 2011 age of 61.
    Biopsy DXd adenocarcinoma in 3/20 cores (one 5%, two 20%). T2C.
    Gleason 3+3=6. CT abdomen, bone scan negative.
    DaVinci prostatectomy 11/1/11 at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN), nerve sparing, age 62.
    Surgeon was Dr. Matthew Tollefson, who I highly recommend.
    Final pathology shows tumor confined to prostate.
    5 lymph nodes, seminal vesicules, extraprostatic soft tissue all negative.
    1.0 x 0.6 x 0.6 cm mass involving right posterior inferior, right posterior apex & left
    mid posterior prostate. Right posterior apex margin involved by tumor over 0.2 cm length,
    doctor says this is insignificant.
    Prostate 98 grams, tumor 2 grams.
    Catheter out in 7 days. No incontinence, minor dripping for a few weeks.
    Seven annual post-op exams 2012 through 2018: PSA <0.1
    Semi-firm erections without "training wheels," usable erections with 100mg Sildenafil.
    NOTE: ED caused by BPH, not the surgery.

Newbie New User

since I'm now 77 I just might not live long enough to enjoy Israelis cure for cancer,

I've been on Lupron injections since 2003 yes 16 years and still alive
    I too dropped to zero psa goes up a bit drops a bit hangs below 4.0 all the time
    I went to new Oncoligist at VA in Portland who tells me the day will come when Lupron no longer work but they have some new meds will keep you going a few more years, I presume you've seen all the info on Israelis plan to cure cancer in next 1 year.
    I'm using RSO for the pain tumors in my spine ribs pelvis shit hurts but RSO solves this matter I just can't use Opiods too many side effects I have not had a climax for years it took a long time to accept this odd ending to some good sex, like some thing missing when you can't get your nut.