A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.

Thread: Cancer Can Be Cured

Cancer Can Be Cured

Good Morning, My husband has metastatic SCC of the Head and Neck. He has about had it with the Chemo plan. I was wondering if there is anyone else who has looked at the Studies of Dr. Johanna Bugwig. Primarily her incredible research with Flax Oil and Cottage Cheese.

Top User
    Lots of people have looked at it, many have tried it. Whether it can cure cancer is a moot point. Like so many of these dietary cures, there are so many ifs and buts surrounding it, and detailed clinical trials and research have not been carried out to support its successes or failures. The evidence really is not adequate and highly anecdotal.

However, if you want to try something as a last resort, that is your prerogative and decision.

I hope you and your husband can find a way forward.

Regular User
    In general metastatic H and N ca can not be cured with chemo alone. This, of course, depends on the degree of metastisis--sngle local node spread as compared to distant spread. Newer RT approached with CDDP or Erbitux have improved survival. Cottage Cheese and Flax Seed. Hmmm, from a western medicine perspetive it sounds kinda kooky, However, we have had to eat our words in the past.

cardoso
    Please donīt feed the spammers.

Cottage cheese? Oh come on.

Flax Oil/Cottage Cheese

I was looking to see if anyone actually read or heard of Johanna Budwigs studies. Actually down to the cellular level it does make sense. I didn't receive any weird spam info. In fact, no one even wants you to buy anything. My brother has been researching cancer diets for quite some time and this is something he thought made sense, and didn't hurt to try. So if anyone can look at her studies and let me know what they think either way, that would be great.

cardoso
    Yes, it hurts, hurts a LOT of people, because they STOP their treatments, to follow some crackpot with a magic mango juice thatīll heal the sick, raise the dead...

Search for Laetril, youīll see how much damage an "innocent" thing can do.

Top User

Re: Flax Oil/Cottage Cheese

Quote Originally Posted by philswife
    I was looking to see if anyone actually read or heard of Johanna Budwigs studies. Actually down to the cellular level it does make sense. I didn't receive any weird spam info. In fact, no one even wants you to buy anything. My brother has been researching cancer diets for quite some time and this is something he thought made sense, and didn't hurt to try. So if anyone can look at her studies and let me know what they think either way, that would be great.
    I can only repeat my posting above - Nothing has been proven either way. If you are at the end of all possible treatments, and want to try another way, that is your prerogative. But very, very few of the diets can cure anything. Even Michael Tosh-Gearson was NED on the Gerson diet, not cured. I would treat all "positive" reports with considerable suspicion. Your research must cover both aspects and take note of what adverse reports have to say.

Thank you

Thank you for your reply/answer to my questions. I guess we all just look with hope that there is something not so complicated and painful or destructive in helping us to live with cancer. We could all probably use some good nutrition though.