A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to get intravenous vitamin C in the UK

Where to get intravenous vitamin C in the UK

We've all read about the alleged curative properties of mega doses of intravenous sodium ascorbate/ascorbic acid in the regression of metastatic tumours. Not to mention the possible almost full remission claimed for many 'terminal' patients still alive as much as 10 years after their oncologists prognosed as being the best possible case.
    Does it really work? I don't know. Nevertheless I will shift heaven and earth to give my wife this last fighting chance no matter what the financial and personal cost.
    But where to go to ask for it? If you live in the US or many other countries almost any doctor will prescribe and administer it - at a price. Here in the UK things are not so simple. Most doctors we see work for the NHS and are limited by the rules of NICE ( the National Institute for Clinical Excellence - although many people have different names for it, rarely flattering ones!) and may not do so. It's actually one of many, many therapies on their banned list.
    Did you say Google for it? Do you know how many combinations of "intravenous, vitamin C, ascorbate, ascorbic acid, cancer, clinic, doctor, prescribe, UK, England," etc there are? In any order? Neither do I, but I'll wager that I've used all of them and more in my search for the information.
    By now you should be thinking "Why doesn't the silly old fart get on with it?" OK, I will ...
    http://www.canceraction.org.gg/drorgs.htm is a list of doctors and charitable organisations that will either prescribe it or assist (practically or financially) in arranging for it. Even to my limited knowledge the list is not fully up to date (it could even be out of date) as I've been advised of a Dr. Grisson of Harley Street, London who prescribes it. Excluding travel to & from 'The Smoke' and accomodation once there she charges , I believe, 200 for the first consultation and around 120 per prescription.

I hope that this will be of some use to anyone contemplating this therapy and I pray to a loving and compassionate God that it will help you or a loved one
    She will not go quietly into that good night!

Regular User

Good Luck..

.... to you and your wife, and I have utmost admiration for your determination to do the best for your wife. I hope your quest proves fruitful.
    very best wishes,
    MAXIMISE

Unfortunately I came up with the information too late to save her.
    Sadly, my darling wife, Rosemary, the love of my life, my best friend, the only good thing in my miserable existence finally lost her fight with cancer and passed away at approximately 02:45 GMT on Saturday morning. By the Grace of God she had been unconscious for the last 36 hours and knew nothing of it, so her final lucid memories were of having her hair shampood and cut for the first time in weeks - which she enjoyed immensely.
    I wish to thank all the members of this and the other boards who prayed for her during her final weeks in this plane of existence. I also wish to thank the staff of Rotherham Hospice for alerting me in time for me to hold her as she breathed her last and for all the care and attention they lavished on her over the last few days. I was even able to give her 'permission' to let go if the fight was too hard for her. The hardest words I have ever spoken to her but, conversely, the best thing I could tell her to do. I will love her and cherish my memories of her to the end of my days.
    My life must go on, but it will never be the same again without her at my side. From now on my life has to be dedicated to the dissemination, as widely as possible, of all the effective non-conventional treatments for cancer and many other 'incurable' and 'untreatable' diseases which decimate so many familes worldwide.

Please look after your loved ones: You never know when they may be ripped from you!

Regular User
    I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Words seem so inadequate,
    please take care of yourself.
    MAXIMISE

I am SO sorry. My sincere condolences.

I am sooo sorry about your wife.

Many thanks for all your condolences and kind thoughts in this the most trying time in my life. My beloved wife was my everything to me. Without her I have nothing.
    However, just as things seemed at their bleakest, as I stared down the long dark tunnel of the remainder of my life without even the faintest glimmer of light coming from the other end, she came to me. Since then all my strength and tranquility has come from her undying love for me. I never deserved her in life and I have done nothing to earn it since. Nevertheless she has been at my side, holding me, supporting me and filling me with - if not hope - then at least some slight belief that things can get better:Otherwise I would surely have taken my own life weeks ago.
    In her memory I can only advise you all - cancer sufferers or not - to take care with your health. Eat a well balanced diet including NOT LESS than five portions of FRESH fruit and veg every day: Take at least six whole grams of Vitamin C (more if you can do so without developing diorrheoa) daily: Mix 1 tablespoon of cold pressed flaxseed oil with a small cholesterol-reducing probiotic drink and take from once to four times every day: Don't smoke: Don't drink to excess - but not too little either All the things we should do that will make more doctors redundant!
    Ps. So called 'Vitamin' B17 should be avoided with the above regime! The active ingredient in it - cyanide - becomes even more active and can very easily become toxic enough to kill you.

May your God go with you all of your lives

Newbie New User
    I am new here and not sure where to put this so forgive if in the wrong place.

My beautiful wife fought Primary peritoneal Cancer bravely for two years. During that time we spent thousands on alternative treatments and machines of various kinds. Sadly we lost the fight a few months ago, she gave up and accepted Morphine. She went quickly after that.

It was when she accepted Chemo that she started going downhill the quickest.

I drove one day to France and purchased a lot of Ascorbic Acid in Vials (IV) and the other things you add to the Cocktail, thiamine, magnesium etc. as well as saliine and loads of giving sets etc. It was however too late and her veins had already collapsed from the chemo.

I don't know what to do with it all now.

Newbie New User

Thumbs up I would be interested!!

Quote Originally Posted by Determined View Post
    I am new here and not sure where to put this so forgive if in the wrong place.

My beautiful wife fought Primary peritoneal Cancer bravely for two years. During that time we spent thousands on alternative treatments and machines of various kinds. Sadly we lost the fight a few months ago, she gave up and accepted Morphine. She went quickly after that.

It was when she accepted Chemo that she started going downhill the quickest.

I drove one day to France and purchased a lot of Ascorbic Acid in Vials (IV) and the other things you add to the Cocktail, thiamine, magnesium etc. as well as saliine and loads of giving sets etc. It was however too late and her veins had already collapsed from the chemo.

I don't know what to do with it all now.
    Hello there
    I am so sorry to hear about your beautiful wife. I too lost my beautiful partner to cystic fibrosis so i know how hard it is...my heart goes out to you.
    I have secondary breast cancer now and would be interested in what you purchased in France. I have been reading about the research done with Vitamin C IV treatments in the US and how it is destroying the cancer cells and wish I had known this info the first time round. Chemotherapy is so tough on the body. How much would be wanting for it all? Please let me know. I am in London and am trying anything to get well and heal. My email is [email protected].
    Many thanks and god bless
    Caroline

Newbie New User
    Hi

I just wanted to know where you managed to get the IV Vitamin C from, and which make, company etc. The father of a very close friend of mine is in urgent need of the IV Vitamin C. Regards.