A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Callories count!

ok...im getting an idea of what you need to deal with.... now lets see if we can figure out something nice to whip up.

these are some of the things i served my friend.

GNC mass gainer NO creatine as the base shake. To that i would add in a few tablespoons of peanut butter and heavy cream.

Dont laugh.... maple bacon milkshakes. Base vanilla and blend in a few bacon slices and maple syrup.

Hot custard. Heat heavy cream, add in enough sweetened condensed milk to taste to taste yummy, some butter and vanilla. In a small bowl mix a few egg yolks... and slowly add in the heavy cream.... a bit of nutmeg if you like. He cant have chocolate...but some chocolate would be nice too....

instant pudding made with heavy cream.... and a scoop of the GNC powder.

blue cheese dressing.... he loves blue cheese ...and just the dressing was enough for the flavor and feel...and still slide down.

cream of brie soup

Bacon and cheddar soup home made

fast and slick.... campbells bean with bacon soup with extra bacon in the vitimixer.

eggnog over the holidays by the gallon

and as many MD milkshakes as i can get him to drink!!!

He needs 2000 a day.... and i aim for 4000. On a good day i can get that into him.... it makes up for the days he is not even getting 100.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain.

Those are good recommendations! Thank you! I'd forgotten eggnog -- and I would add cheesecake!
    Diagnosed with stage 2c papillary serous cystadenoma borderline malignancy of the ovary in 2009. Hysterectomy, omenectomy, appendectomy, debulking.
    - 2010 - laparoscopy showed inoperable recurrence, so started chemo.
    - Frontline chemo - carboplatin and cyclophosphamide, six cycles
    - Additional chemo regimens: Avastin - ten cycles; Weekly Topotecan - 4 cycles.
    - Spring 2012 developed pleural nodules. Topotecan plus Avastin - 1year.
    - April, 2014, had surgery to remove Aspergillus infection from right lung.
    - September, 2015, started on Megace because my tumors are PR positive. Stopped Megace after three months.
    - September, 2016, hospitalized for shortness of breath and back pain.
    - September, 2016, respiratory failure reversed with prednisone. Maintaining on 50 mg Prednisone per day and supplemental O2.
    - October, 2016 left hospital with no supplemental oxygen. Feeling great! Will start tapering off the prednisone Oct. 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Serous2c View Post
    Those are good recommendations! Thank you! I'd forgotten eggnog -- and I would add cheesecake!
    omg... how could i forget cheesecake!! i made mini ones and added them into a shake.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain.